Snake Eyes {6}

“So you think that Maxx Falcone was giving you a flirty wink?”

                “Yes.”

                “Does that mean he’s DTF?”

                “I’d rather stay a virgin.”

                “If his dick came out, your pants would go down.”

                “You, sir, are a pervert.”

                “You, sir, are horny.”

                I rolled my eyes at Shaw as I unlocked my front door and let us into my house. “I’m not horny!” I whined as I shut the door and slid my shoes off.

                “Mark is horny! Mark is horny!” he mocked with a smirk. I hit him in the arm and grumbled out a string of curse words at him, causing his smirk to get even wider.

                “You men! Quiet before they find us,” my grandpa hissed, creeping up the stairs and pressing a finger to his lips to signal for silence.

                “Shaw, remind me why we always come here,” I hissed. Shaw smirked. “Because you’re grandpa rocks,” he whispered.

                Grandpa stood up and looked around. “I just patrolled for 7 hours. Take my shift boys and warn me if you see anything. In the meantime, I need to rest my feet in the dishwasher,” he said and went upstairs.

                “Did he just say the dishwas-”

                I slapped my hand over Shaw’s mouth and face palmed myself. “Yes, Shaw. My grandpa just said he needs to rest his feet in the dishwasher. I don’t know and I don’t want to.”

                We grabbed our bags and went upstairs. I relaxed a little when I saw my grandpa sitting on the couch. Thank god he didn’t actually put his feet in the dishwasher.

                But then I noticed that he was angrily pressing buttons on the telephone and swearing at the TV for not changing channels. I mentally sighed. Someday that man would understand modern technology.

                Shaw and I went into my bedroom and sat down on my bed. Jude jumped up and curled up in my lap, meowing lazily. I stroked his fur.

                “So why were you late today? You never told me. You just said Maxx gave you that pass and walked you to class,” Shaw said, leaning back against the wall casually.

                “I couldn’t get my locker open,” I lied, hoping he didn’t suspect anything. I didn’t want him to know that Joey and Glen were giving me problems again.

                But he was eyeing me suspiciously. “Mark, you’re biting your lip,” he pointed out. I instantly stopped biting my lip, mentally groaning. Whenever I lied, I involuntarily started biting my lip, and Shaw knew this. His eyes widened a little and then narrowed in disgust.

                “Joey and Glen attacked you again, didn’t they?” he demanded. I nodded timidly and fury erupted on Shaw’s face.

                “I’ll fucking kill them,” he growled dangerously.

                “Maxx took care of it!” I said quickly. “He attacked Joey and threatened them. It’s fine Shaw; I swear.” I didn’t want him to get in a fight with Joey and Glen. They played dirty, and Shaw could get hurt. I would never forgive myself if Shaw got hurt trying to stick up for me.