Snake Eyes {17}

“And now I don’t know what to do,” I finished, having told Shaw everything about Maxx and all my thoughts.

                “Well Mark, I think you should’ve just stayed a cat lady,” Shaw said with an affirmative nod. I groaned and looked down at Jude, who was comfortably curled in my lap.

                “Shaw, I told you all that so you could give me some advice,” I whined.

                Shaw opened his mouth and frowned as his ringtone blasted out of his pocket.

                “And then I tripped and fell in love, love, love I will never ever be the same. Soon as we kissed, girl you’re bad for my health, I need help d-d-d-doctor. 9-1-1 she’s breaking my heart for fun!”

                I raised an eyebrow as Shaw shrugged and answered his phone. “Shaw speaking. Blowjobs are $5, full experience is $10. I’m cheap if you’re easy,” he answered.

                He paused and rolled his eyes. “Oh, hi mom. No, I never check my caller ID. You know this by now! No, I’m with Mark and Jude. Yea, yea, yea, I’ll text you when I need a ride home. Bye mother.” He hung up his phone and sighed. “She thinks I’m a slut for some reason! What a rude bitch!”

                He turned to me and smiled. “Anyways Mark! Just don’t give your V-card to Maxx if you’re that worried. You know what? Why don’t you give your virginity to me, and I’ll be sure to take good care of it,” he said, grinning.

                “You wish, you dirty pervert,” I grumbled.

                Shaw tackled me on my bed. Jude meowed loudly and jumped away, watching us. Shaw brought his face close to mine.

                “You know, if I kissed you, it wouldn’t matter. I was letting you save your first kiss for the person of your choice, but now that you’ve had it, I can just press my lips to yours,” he breathed. His minty breath blew on my face and I remained perfectly still.

                “I have a boyfriend who would get very jealous,” I pointed out.

                “You wouldn’t tell him.”

                “Oh? I wouldn’t? You sure you want to take that gamble Shaw?”

                “Yes.” He brought his face even closer to mine, our lips nearly touching and our eyes locked on each others.

                Jude hissed loudly and Shaw jumped up in surprise. I used the opportunity to rolled away from him and onto the floor. I began to crawl towards my bedroom door.

                Shaw grabbed my ankle and smirked as he began to drag me back towards himself. “Oh no you don’t Mark!” he said cheerfully.

                He grabbed the back of my shirt and forced me to my feet. I spun to face him and gave him my puppy dog eyes. Shaw hesitated before groaning.

                “Fine! You win again Mark!” he whined and pulled me into a tight hug. “Damn you and your adorableness!”

                I smiled and pulled Shaw back over to my bed. We sat down together and Jude hopped into my lap. I began to stroke his fur and let out a sigh.

                “Shaw, what in the world am I supposed to do about Maxx?” I asked desperately, praying that Shaw would have some type of helpfulness in him.