Episode 11: Timing

Bong-soon hurriedly retreats back into her house after receiving Min-hyuk’s confession, passing by Mom eavesdropping at the door. Mom follows Bong-soon around, pestering her for details but Bong-soon doesn’t want to talk about it and begs Mom to stop referring to Min-hyuk as “son-in-law,” because it’s humiliating.

As usual, Mom isn’t deterred by Bong-soon’s feelings of embarrassment and presses for some of Min-hyuk’s personal info (like his age and birth date) so she can chart his and Bong-soon’s compatibility. She floats the idea of asking for the information herself, but even she gets the sense that it might be too invasive. Bong-soon barks warningly for Mom not to before pushing her off to bed, only for Mom to pop back into the room immediately to ask Bong-soon if her heart is pounding after her meeting.

Bong-soon is tricked into nodding in agreement then catches herself, and groans at Mom to leave her alone.

Back at his house, Min-hyuk walks around in a daze, reflecting on his exchange with Bong-soon. He recalls telling Bong-soon that he thinks he likes her and the camera zooms in on Bong-soon’s face as if we are getting the view right from Min-hyuk’s eyes.

She’s taken aback and says that he’s the first person to confess his feelings to her, then asks for some time to think things over. He pulls her in closer and asks “How and what are you going to think about?” She replies (even more flustered) that she needs to organize her thoughts and figure out what she feels. Squeee!

She skitters away before Min-hyuk can ask any more questions, and in the present Min-hyuk grins widely to himself, wondering aloud what he is to do with her. He stares out the window and asks Bong-soon and the moon if she’s sleeping, then draws a heart on the glass after fogging it with his breath.

That night, Bong-soon can’t fall asleep, as the memory of Min-hyuk’s confession plays in her mind, we zoom in again to get Bong-soon’s POV of the situation. She tells Min-hyuk that she needs some time to sort out her thoughts and Min-hyuk accepts it, but adds that he can’t give her too much time. He says, “Hurry up and do what you need to do. And then keep your eyes only on me.” Gah, my heart.

As she tosses and turns, she gets two texts at the same time from Min-hyuk and Gook-doo, asking her to go watch a movie the next day. Bong-soon can’t believe their incredible timing.

She casts her phone aside in frustration, then falls back to asleep and returns to Verona…

Min-Romeo is there as always, but on this night they have a visitor to join them on the balcony: it’s another Romeo! A Gook-Romeo. Haha, they’re even dressed the same.

Gook-Romeo declares himself the true Romeo and announces that he’s the only one that Bong-Juliet loves. The Romeos argue back and forth, grabbing each other by the collars, when suddenly a modern-dressed Dong-pyung pops up onto the balcony and shrieks that he’ll “report” Bong-Juliet.

Dong-pyung notices the Romeos and starts attacking Gook-Romeo (after waving sweetly at Min-Romeo), growling at Gook-Romeo to back off.

The next morning, Dong-pyung repeats his threat from the dream to Bong-soon and demands an explanation for yesterday’s “incident.” Bong-soon plays innocent, and though Dong-pyung can’t figure out how, he’s certain that Bong-soon is to blame for the table incident the day before.

Bong-soon tries to aegyo Dong-pyung into being nice to her, but he vows the opposite then dismisses her to make him some coffee. She glares at him and he jumps up in a fit, ordering her to lower her gaze, then instructs her to make his coffee very sweet, like him.

Bong-soon loads Dong-pyung’s coffee up with copious amounts of sugar. She places it down in front of him, but he tells her to drink it first, suspecting that she spat into it.