Chapter Twelve

Sally and Sophie's Apartment

Sophie Reese

He kicked the bedroom door open and carried me into the room. I was tense, unsure about what was going to happen next. What was going to happen? Are we really going to do it?

He pushed the bedroom door shut and lowered back onto my feet. I took a step backwards and heard him say in low honey toned voice, "Take off your dress."

My breath stilled in my lungs. This felt like the point of no return. If I took my dress off now, it would be over. I would be completely under his spell, willing to do anything he asked me to. But I couldn't say no, not even with Sally words echoing inside my head.

I reached around and pulled at the metal zipper that he'd my dress together. The material immediately loosened and I shrugged my shoulder allowing the dress to fall to floor and pool around my ankles. Now I was in nothing but my panties and bra.

I stood in front of him and felt my pulse inside my chest going at it like a jackhammer. I wanted him to touch me so badly but to my disappointment, he stepped back and in low murmur said, "Stay there for a second - I just want to look at you."

His eyes were moved over me, following the lines, planes and curvatures of my body. The admiration and reverence in his eyes stunned me. It was as if he was admiring a famous masterpiece in a gallery.

It was as if I were a famous oil painting in an art gallery that he stopped to admire. Heat crept into my cheeks. I felt so self-conscious - what the hell was I doing?

I started to draw my arms across my chest and heard Casper sigh, "Please don't do that. I don't ever want you to feel embarrassed in front of me. You're perfect, Sophie. So fucking perfect."

He crossed the room and pressed a light kiss on the top of my forehead. "I'm going to make you feel beautiful now. Lie down on the bed."

I exhaled his name and went to sit down on the bed... then the bedroom door opened and Sally stepped in. Casper immediately positioned himself in front of me, using his large frame to block Sally's view. He then shrugged off his suit jacket and handed it to me.

I quickly pulled on his jacket and tried to think of something to say.

Sally was furious. Her eyes darted back and forth between me and Casper. She finally turned to Casper and snapped, "What were you planning on doing to her?"

"Nothing she didn't want," he replied.

Sally shot across the room and her hand connected with his jawline in a hard slap.

I gasped, "Sally, please."

I had never seen her like this before. She was so mad her hands were literally trembling with rage. I had never seen this side of Sally before and it shocked me. I went to step around Casper to try and calm her down, but Casper stopped me. He gently pushed me back behind him as he continued to act as a barrier between myself and Sally.