3

JANELLE

He is staring at me. I supposed to feel unsafe but I don't. As a matter of fact, I feel safe with him.

"You look so young to be in a place like this. He said.

"You don't look any year older than me yourself."

"I'm 20, I'll be 21 on April 1."

"April Fool's day."

"Hahaha! I guess my brother and I are our parents' biggest April Fool's gifts."

"Oh, you have a twin?"

"Yeah. Double fools. Hahaha! So, why are you drinking orange juice? Let me guess, you're not any day older than I am, so the bartender won't give you a drink even if you've spent an hour putting on that make up to make you look older than your age."

"Hahahaha! You are direct and right tho'. My friends who are no older than I am told me to put make up on so we could get in. I just hope that my Dad would be in bed by the time I turn in tonight."

"Or you'll be grounded."

"Probably"

He really does not know me.

"So, how old are you?"

"Eighteen"

"I'm Yuan."

"I'm Erica."

That would be Janelle Erica Maxwell, First Daughter....ONLY daughter of President Douglas Maxwell. But since you don't know me, you'll never know.

We shook hands. And there was a tingling sensation in my hand when he enveloped my hand with his.

"Nice meeting you Erica."

He really does not know me. Is he from around here at all or just playing along with me?

"Are you from around here, Yuan?"

"Nope, just visiting. You?"

"I'm from around the neighborhood."

"Uhm, Erica, I don't know what's going on here but there's a guy not older than us, good looking but he definitely does not possess an irresistible smile like me and he has been scowling at us since you approached me. And I also noticed that he is not alone. Do you by any chance know them?"

Damn, he noticed the Secret Service.

"Oh? Them? They work for my Dad. Their job is to keep me sober and bring me home alive."

"Really? What are you? The Mafia? Or is your Dad with the drug cartel?"

"Hahahaha no. They just owe him for their jobs, so they in return look after me. Don't mind them, they are actually nice."

"They probably think you are not good for me. I mean not good enough for me. I mean...oh damn!"

"Hahahaha, that's okay. Let's not talk about them."

He really has no idea who I am.

"Would you like burger and French fries?"

"Hmmm, okay. "

"Do you think they serve them here?"

"Yes, we can make them cook some for us."

"Hahaha, you're pushy. But I can eat a sandwich if you want one too."

So he ordered burgers, fries and even ice cream. I was wondering why he ordered ice cream. When our orders came, I was shocked when he dipped his French fries in the ice cream and he urged me to do the same. It does not taste bad either. And I took a a couple of fries and dipped them in the chocolate ice cream that he ordered.

We talked about the people around, global warming, food, United Nations, UNICEF, the Pope, Religion and a lot of stuff. Neither of us wanted to talk about our families. I guess he avoided talking about his family the same way I avoided  about mine.

Then it was time to go. He gave me a tissue where he wrote his name and where I could call him or email or snail mail him as what he calls it. Then it happened.

YUAN

What the hell did just happened Yuan? You kissed her. All I remember is when I leaned towards her, She leaned closer too and kissed me. I kissed her back and then I was thrown aside by Mr. Scowling man and grabbed her and took her away from me. The last thing I saw was, Mr. Scowl just whispered something on his wrist.

Please vote and comment. Thank you. Take care everyone. Stay safe. -Author