Work Dinner

HEY GUYS, I'M SORRY I KNOW I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN FOREVER!  But here you go!!!! Always,

~ Audi!!

Carina's POV

In the car my parents yell at me. 

"You brat, you probably provoked the poor boys."  My mother snarls. 

"Probably framed 'em too!"  My father adds with a snarl. 

I inwardly sigh as we pull into our driveway.  I immediately go up to my room.  I ease my broken and bruised body onto my bed and look around my violet room. 

(Her room)

(Her room)

It was small, but cozy. 

I think back to the nurse at school.  The worry was obviously fake.  It was over the top, like they were trying to prove that they care.  My friends believed them, but I know the newbies saw through the facade.  I mean, their faces showed it all.  Jaylen was watching closely, watching the exchange between me and my family.  I don't know why she is so in my business. 

The sound of my door opening snaps me out of my thoughts.  My mom stands there. 

"Make yourself presentable.  We have our new work partners family coming over for dinner."  She demands.  Before she leaves she adds, "Oh, and you're the waitress, and you'll be eating the leftovers."  With that she slams the door.  I sigh and stand up, whimpering in the process.  I make my way to my connected bathroom and shower quickly, blowing my hair dry, and putting it in a simple braid.  I dress in an outfit that I grabbed.  It was a purple skirt, with a black top with a thin white belt over my stomach and black ballet flats. I add some makeup to make my face more presentable.  Really just to cover the bruises.