Chapter 1

Monica ~

" Mommy I'm cold . " My four year old daughter Savannah said as she shivered . I grabbed a blanket from the back seat and gave it to her . I've been living on the streets for almost 2 months now ever since my mom kicked me out , she picks her boyfriend over her own daughter . My best friend Ray offers us to come stay with him but I don't wanna have to live off of other people . I had Savannah when I was 17 and it was hard taking care of her by myself , I almost didn't pass high school .

" Mommy let's go see Ray ! " She yelled .

I smiled and started the car up . " Alright . " I said as I drove to Ray's . I soon pulled up to Ray's and parked . We got and Savannah knocked on the door .

" Ray ! " She shouted as he opened the door , he bent down to her level and hugged her tight . I smiled and gave him a hug then walked inside to his house .

" How you been ? " He asked as we sat in his living room .

" Fine . " I said as I looked at Savannah who was now playing with some toys .

" Monica why don't you guys just come stay with me , I really don't mind . " Ray said .

" Ray , I just don't wanna be a bother . " I said .

" You guys aren't , please do it for Savannah . " He said . I looked over Savannah who was now laying down fast asleep .

" Fine . " I said as I walked over to her and picked her up and went upstairs to lay her down in the guestroom . " Thanks Ray . " I said as I walked into his room .

" No problem . " He said as he laid on his bed .

" I'm gonna take a shower . " I said as I grabbed my clothes and went into the bathroom . I stepped into the warm water , I haven't slept in like 2 days , if only my parents would let me back in to there house I could go to college and start getting on my feet . Things would be a lot better for me and Savannah . Ray thinks that we been staying in a hotel but we been living in a car for about 2 months , hotels took up most of the money that I have saved , I just don't know what to do anymore . I turned off the shower and dried off then slipped on some fresh clothes , I walked out of the bathroom and stepped into Ray's room .

" Goodnight Ray . " I said .

" Night Monica . " He smiled . I smiled and walked into the guestroom and laid down with Savannah , finally a comfortable bed to sleep in I thought to myself as I soon fell asleep .

Just a little something !

Leeeexxius