SIX

For there's no man in town half as manly. Perfect, a pure paragon...
●●●●●

"There's that ugly, little man." Claudette's eyes narrowed before she motioned his direction to her sisters. "He's walking over there, hand in hand with Stanley," she said.

The three siblings had been in a rather foul mood since the ball at the castle last night. Much to their dismay, Gaston hadn't been there either. In fact, Gaston hadn't been seen for the better part of the past week.

"Ew," Laurette shook her head in disgust. "Stanley could do so much better."

"You mean like Gaston?" Paulette batted her lashes in a starry-eyed gaze as she thought about the hunter.

"No!" Claudette snapped. "He's mine!"

"You mean ours?" Laurette challenged.

Claudette groaned but quickly recovered. She could never let her sister's know what she was really planning. 

"Of course!" With a fake smile and a giggle, she turned to face her sisters. "After all, I'm sure there's enough of him to go around. He's just so-- so--"

"Dreamy," the triplets sighed in unison.

Shaking out their perfectly pressed petticoats, the three, curly headed brunette's descended upon the two unsuspecting men.

"Where is he, LeFou?" Claudette's tone was as icy as her heart. "We haven't seen him all week."

"He wasn't at Beast's castle last night either," added Laurette.

LeFou swallowed hard, glancing around nervously at the vicious circle of lace and bonnets that had surrounded him. "Actually girls, Madame Belle would appreciate if everyone referred to 'Beast' as--"

Claudette scoffed. "You really shouldn't have mentioned her," the shortest triplet informed him.

The men looked confused, but as if on cue, Laurette and Paulette suddenly burst into tears.

"It's just so unfair!" Laurette wailed.

"What is?"

LeFou could have kicked Stanley for asking.

"Well, the fact that she landed herself a King, of course!"

Paulette nodded in agreement with Laurette. "What makes her so special anyways?" The tallest of the three whined. "We're just as pretty as her."

"Of course you are. But honestly, who cares?" Claudette rolled her eyes in annoyance as she spoke. Leave it to her sisters to lose sight of the real prize.

"Being married to a King sounds positively boring," she declared. "But, being married to a hunter and the most handsome Captain in all of France?"

"It's never going to happen, ladies."

"Oh yes it will! And you're going to help us." The three women each took a threatening step closer to the men as Claudette's mood turned more vicious. "Now, tell us where he is, LeFou."

The short man ground his jaw angrily as he thought back to that night. "Gaston is not the man you think he is," he snarled.

The girls balked.

"It's true!" He exclaimed. "When we stormed that castle, Gaston left me for dead. I haven't seen him since then, and honestly, I don't care if I ever see him again!"

With a permanent scowl, LeFou and Stanley shoved past the three women before disappearing into the crowd. The girls didn't get the answers they were hoping for, but they'd let him go-- for now.