SEVEN

You can ask any Tom, Dick, or Stanley,
and they'll tell you whose team they prefer to be on...
●●●●●

"This is positively exquisite!" Gaston exclaimed. "What did you say it was called again?"

Morgan laughed as Gaston shoved another piece in to his mouth. "It's called pizza," she reminded him.

"And you said the Italians invented this?"

"I believe so," Morgan nodded. "I can Google it later though, to be sure."

Picking up another slice of the melted cheesy-goodness, Gaston almost groaned in pleasure. "If I said this pizza was amazing, would that be a good use for that word?"

"Yes," Morgan smiled proudly.

The large hunter had been picking up on modern technology and phrases at an impressive rate. He could even place an order for toilet paper now on Amazon Prime using her Echo Dot. If it was true Gaston was going to be here a while, then Morgan wanted his transition to be as smooth as possible.

The lessons also seemed to help keep things a little less hot and heavy between the two-- especially after the kiss they shared the other day.

Oh god, that kiss.

She swore she could still feel his warm, soft lips moving against her mouth. And what about his threat of not sleeping on the couch anymore? How the hell was she going to keep the huntesman out of her bed another night?

"Forget eggs, I want pizza from now on." Gaston mumbled around his mouthful of food.

"But there are so many other things you haven't even tried yet," Morgan chuckled. "Just wait until you try a double bacon cheeseburger, or fried chicken. Or what about prime rib and butter poached lobster?"

With another groan, Gaston pulled one of the cutest kissy-faces Morgan had ever seen. "I think I'm going to enjoying living in this century," he smirked. "And now that I'm here, I'm sure all of your dreams are about to come true."

Morgan snorted. What could he possibly know about her dreams. Besides that, he was just the cocky, misplaced villian from an alternate dimension. If that entire statement itself didn't sound incredibly fucked up--

Suddenly her phone started buzzing.

"Hello?" She answered, immediately recognizing the number that flashed across the screen.

After a long pause, Morgan smiled at Gaston who gave her a confused look in return. "Yes, that's right," she said.

Morgan slammed a hand down excitedly on the table. "Alright," she told the person on the other end. "We'll be right down."

*
**
***

"I know you!"

Morgan froze in place as her friend behind the counter pointed to the fictional hunter standing beside her. How did the New York City Police officer know Gaston? Had he run into some trouble with the law? Then again, he was a rather large man walking around in a bright red trench coat-- perhaps he was just too hard to miss.

"I see you took my advice and kept outta the pumpkin patch," the officer smirked.

"You've met him before?" Morgan whispered as she and Gaston shared an amused glance towards one another.

"A rather cheeky fellow," Gaston nodded back. "He insulted my firearm the last time we spoke."

Morgan giggled as she turned her attention back to the short and stocky Officer Maddox. "When you called, you said you thought you had something that might belong to Gaston?"