TWELVE

No one hits like Gaston. Matches wits like Gaston. In a spitting match nobody spits like Gaston....
●●●●●

The last thing Tom wanted to do on a Saturday night, was sit across the tall boy from his arch nemesis and share a few drinks. But considering that what's-his-name was leaving in the morning and taking the only ticket back to fantasy land with him, it was now or never to convince Gaston that he didn't belong.

With a fake smile, Tom pulled out his wallet before slapping a twenty down on the table. "Why don't you go get us a couple shots, LeFou." Tom gestured towards the front of the bar as he spoke. "Your bon voyage, your choice."

LeFou turned towards Gaston hesitantly, but grabbed the money and elbowed his way up to the counter anyways. A second later, Tom gave the large man standing next to the chub a nod before going back to secretly scowling at Gaston. He wasn't sure how the hunter had suddenly swooped in and stolen Morgan away from him, but if things went better tonight than they had five days ago, that was all about to change.

With a casual glance around the bar, a large grin grew across Tom's face when he spotted a couple of girl's who'd had a few too many drinks. As they stumbled closer, winking and blowing kisses in his direction, Tom was sure if he played his cards right he could walk out of here with both.

"He's cute, but look at the muscles on the other one," one of the girls pointed out.

"Mm-hmm," the other agreed. "So rugged and handsome," she moaned.

As they sauntered up to the table, the smile fell from Tom's face. They weren't interested in him at all! Their perky breasts flounced right in front of Gaston, but he didn't even seem to notice. When he finally did, the huntsman sent them packing with a glare that could make a grown man piss himself.

Seriously? Tom shook his head. It was time for him to go home.

"How long does it take to order three shots of whiskey?" Gaston grumbled.

Tom smirked inwardly. If he only knew what the paramedic had planned.

"Oh boy!" Tom suddenly sat up as he pointed over Gaston's shoulder. It was time for him to give the performance of a lifetime. "It looks like LeFou might be in trouble," he added.

The paramedic watched as the other man swiveled in his chair. Sure enough, LeFou stood toe to toe with the man Tom had paid good money for. As Gaston headed over to the aid of his friend, Tom knew that any minute now a fight would break out. Hopefully the trained fighter would knock Gaston right on his ass-- scaring the hunter all the way back to France.

He had done the same thing a few nights ago, paying a guy to 'mug' Morgan and Gaston while they took a stroll through Central Park. The plan had backfired though, when the hunter somehow broke the fake thief's wrist. Tonight, however, Gaston wouldn't get off so easy. Tom had made sure of it when he purchased the insurance plan.

With a growl of frustration, Tom suddenly scrubbed at his face. That chubby, little idiot, LeFou had gotten a lucky shot in and taken his MMA fighter out early on. He should have known the fool would screw up his plans, but thankfully there was back-up.

As two of the five men held down Gaston's arms, Tom couldn't help but feel a little smug as another one delivered blow after painful blow to the hunter's gut. LeFou didn't stand a chance as he was mopped across the bar by two others. With a satisfying sigh, Tom sat back in his seat and watched. By this time tomorrow, Morgan would be his.

"Gaston!" LeFou shrieked. "What on Earth are you doing?"

Tom almost laughed out loud as he watched the man slide across the top of the mahogany counter.

"Losing." Gaston called back with a disgruntled roll of his eyes.

"I can see that!" The ferger shot back as he ducked underneath a fist. "But what I'm trying to figure out, is why?"

As LeFou burst into song, Tom's confusion quickly turned to shock. Gaston was actually starting to overpower the other men.

"No shit," he muttered. He'd better be getting his three grand back after this.

With a shake of his head, Tom stood up from his seat. Everywhere he looked, people were whipping out their phones to record the 'beast' behind him. He wouldn't doubt it if the WWE approached Gaston next. Was there anything the other man couldn't do?

As he walked out of the bar, Tom found his feet carrying him angrily towards the alley where LeFou had popped up. He knew it was a long shot, but if there really was a black hole in the time space continuum, then maybe-- just maybe, there was another way to send Gaston back.

*
**
***

Tom rolled his head and shoulders as he sat up, a terrible kink throbbed in the back of his neck. As he watched the sun rise just beyond the city skyline, he frowned at the idea that he had actually slept out here. Last night he had been so hell-bent on finding even the slightest of abnormalities that would send Gaston home. After hours of searching and coming up with nothing, he remembered sitting down on the bench he was still reclining on and falling asleep.

Pulling out his cell phone, Tom squinted at the darkened screen. There was only 3% battery power left, but he was relieved to find that it was still quite early in the morning. He had to stop LeFou from going back without the hunter.

Tom had just stood up from the bench when suddenly there was an eerie green glow. In the middle of the alley, a swirling chasm had opened up, much the same way it had a month ago. As two figures emerged from within, Tom watched as the neon swirls shrank and disappeared.

He wasn't sure who they were but by the way they were dressed, he hoped they had come from the same place. With any luck, they were here to do what LeFou couldn't and Tom would be just the person to help.

"Hi. I'm Tom," he smiled, offering a friendly, outstretched hand. "And I have a feeling I know just who you're looking for."