TEN

My what a guy, that Gaston...
●●●●●

"Are you alright, sweetheart?" Gaston asked when they were a safe distance away.

Though she had gone as pale as the moon and was shaking like a leaf, Morgan nodded her head before offering the hunter a weak smile.

"I just-- I mean-- I don't know what I would have done without you," she trailed off as she floundered over the words.

Gaston quickly hushed the blonde before wrapping his arms tightly around her. Drawing her closer to his chest, the hunter pressed a chaste kiss to the top of her head. "Don't you dare think about that," he scolded. "You hear?"

Hugging Gaston tightly around the waist, Morgan buried her head in the crook of his neck. She remained plastered to his side as they walked, only sighing in relief once the pair finally exited the park and crossed the street. The more distance they could put between themselves and the muggar, the better.

It wasn't until a particular orphanage came into view, that the color returned to Morgan's cheeks.

"Tom and I answered a call here a while back," Morgan told him as she looked up at the large brick building. "A little boy had fallen unconscious due to an asthma attack," she explained.

As the mood seemed to dampen around them, Gaston gestured for them to keep going. He had just placed his arm back around Morgan's shoulders when a tiny voice called out to them.

"I remember you."

Whipping back around, Morgan and Gaston found a girl, not much older than six or seven, quickly making her way down the front porch steps of the boy's and girl's home.

"Isn't it kind of late for her to be outside by herself?" Gaston's forehead crinkled in concern as he whispered to Morgan.

With a nod of her head, Morgan grabbed Gaston's hand before heading over to where the young child stood on the last step.

"You're the one who helped Peter, aren't you?" the girl asked.

"I am," Morgan smiled.

"He's ok now," the little girl told them before glancing nervously back towards the front door. "He's upstairs, sleeping--"

"Which I'm guessing is what you're supposed to be doing." The child's eyes widened as Gaston interrupted her.

Long strands of golden blonde hair, bounced up and down as the girl nodded. "I just saw you walking down the street and I had to thank you," she blurted out. "I didn't mean to do anything bad," the girl panicked.

"It's ok," Morgan placed a gentle hand on the girl's shoulder. "We won't tell if you don't," she added.

The child's whole body slumped forward as she visibly relaxed. "My name's Isabel," the girl informed them. "But I prefer to be called Izzy."

With great flourish, Gaston took the child's small hand in his, swiftly bringing it up to his lips. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Izzy," he smiled.

Izzy giggled as Gaston placed a kiss to the back of her palm. "You talk funny," she said. "What's your name?"

Standing to attention, the hunter dropped the girl's hand before answering. "Captain Gaston LeGume," he saluted. "At your service."

Almost immediately, Izzy's jaw dropped as she looked towards Morgan in disbelief. "You mean you found him?" she asked.

With a nod, Morgan answered. "I did," she beamed.