Chapter XVI ♕ Spain

Melanie's outfit is above ♥

♕♥ ♕♥ ♕

"You want me to go where?!" I was furious, or at least it felt like that. After what Sarina did to me, what she said to me, my emotions were muddled and nothing felt ordinary anymore. My heart began to pound each time I thought about it.

"Spain," the Queen repeated, my head shaking unbelievably.

"Why? Why send me off to another country? For how long?" I demanded, the breakfast table tense whilst I forgot all my manners and demanded these questions.

"Two weeks," she answered, gently eating her food as if nothing was wrong. "The King of Spain offered to take you in as an ambassador to symbolize the harmony between our countries until you are required back here," my jaw was agape at this entire situation.

"When will I be going?" I inquired.

"This weekend. You will return the day before your eighteenth. It is better this way. You will be kept out of the media's spotlight until the most valuable time. Although, our initial plan was for your identity to only be revealed at the coronation, we might as well now have a nationwide celebration," she almost sounded apathetic, more troubled about the events happening so close to each other. My leaving to Spain in a week, my birthday in three weeks, and then the Royal Variety Performance in five weeks and the very next day my coronation. It was almost unsettling.

"What will I be doing in Spain?" I questioned, sitting back with my arms crossed.

"Nothing official. You will explore the country and form important relations. Especially with the Prince," I frowned at her revelation.

"The Prince of Spain?" I inquired. She nodded.

"Yes. The King will have minimal to do with his exchange and instead you will be in the hands of the Prince. You do not need to fret. I have met him before and he is a true gentleman. He's only a few years older than you," my mother spoke gently, thinking back when she had met the Prince when he was still a child.

"You're going to leave me in the hands of someone who I had never met before!" this entire thing was disbelieving.

"Melanie, he is nothing to worry about. Even I respect and trust him," the King piped in, which astonished me. My father was a very appreciative and nice person and rarely raised his voice at anyone. Even when he was dealing with an enemy, he always made it look as if he completely cared about what the person said and genuinely liked the person. He would only be honest about whether he enjoyed the person's company later on. An example would be how he absolutely dreaded to have a conversation with the Adams household, but enjoyed Sarina's company. It made me feel giddy that my parents liked Sarina.

But because my father actually trusted him, it meant that he truly thought the Prince was a good person. I would just have to wait and see.

"Alright. I will go quietly," I told them, my eyes a little cold but internally I was excited. I had never been outside the United Kingdoms before.

"Well now that it is sorted, you have a hospital appointment this afternoon," recently my injuries had begun to fell normal again and I could even walk again. It itched more than anything else. I suspected that they would remove the tape from my foot and my hand, but the brace was going to stay for a month more if the internet had anything to inform me about it.

"Finally," I responded, continuing to eat my food.

"Yes, and I have made a salon appointment for you straight after," my father said, and at this I was back to square one of trying to understand my family.