1. Snow White

Once we have accepted the story, we cannot escape the story's fate.
—P.L. Travers

Epic Summer To Do List B4 I Turn Eighteen:#2: Annoy a Starbucks employee

#2: Annoy a Starbucks employee. Buy 10 different Venti drinks from Starbucks. Drink them all under thirty minutes, right there.

——————

A random fact about me: one thing I hate more than The Gummy Bear Song is waiting in line.

But its noon and people are queuing in line in order to make their orders. Sure, I'm the fourth (read: last) person in line and the place isn't crowded by a long shot but still. I just really hate standing in line with a bunch of people. Plus, I'm not the patient type. I don't like waiting.

I hug myself and try not to sigh too loudly. The line moves forward a bit and I frown, shuffling along. Okay, I'm the third person now. No biggie. I'm almost there.

I look down at the list of drinks I want to buy and sigh to myself, memorizing the order for the last time. I hope I like them all. Normally, when I buy a drink, it's just the venti iced white chocolate mocha and that's it. I don't bother with any other beverage. But now, I have to buy ten different drinks and finish them all in thirty minutes.

I wonder; what was I smoking when I compiled this list?

"Next," a voice says and I quickly look up to meet the eyes of a Starbucks worker. She's definitely older than I am with straight blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a friendly smile on her face and I try to return it without looking like I'm constipated.

It's so sad that she seems nice. God, why don't the assholes work on summer Tuesdays? I'm about to kill this sweetheart's mood.

"Hey," I glance at her name tag. Lindsey. "Linda. I want an iced white chocolate mocha, a strawberry and crème frappuccino, a pumpkin spice latte, a caffe mocha, a caramel flan latte—"

"Woah, hold on—" she says, raising both eyebrows in shock.

"You should be able to efficiently jot down my orders so don't tell me to slow down. Life's too short to slow down," I snap and I have to give myself a mental pat on the back for sounding like an impossibly unnecessary customer. "As I was saying, I also want a cinnamon dolce latte—"

"Well, excuse you but you're trying to be unreasonable," she snaps back. "You're just trying to be difficult."

Score! She's already annoyed. I've completed half of my task. Time to end her mini nightmare. "Babe, I'm not trying," I roll my eyes for extra emphasis. I slam the piece of paper that contains the list of drinks I need to order on the counter right between us and give her a look. "Here, it's pre-written. Venti—all of them—and don't forget to write the listed names on the respective cup, please and thank you."