8. Belle

I'll tell you a secret about storytelling. Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty... were not perfect in the beginning. It's only a happy ending on the last page, right? If the princess had everything from the beginning, there wouldn't be a story. Anyone who is imperfect or incomplete can become the main character in the story.
—Peach-Pit, Shugo Chara!, Vol. 2: Friends in Need (Shugo Chara!, #2)

"I make your dreams come true when you wake up

"I make your dreams come true when you wake up. And your look's just the same without no make up," I low key rap along with Quavo as the song, I'm The One by DJ Khaled featuring the aforementioned rapper, Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper and Lil Wayne, blasts from the speakers of my car.

Galina groans from her compressed position on the passenger seat. I've realized that she prefers listening to old hits. Michael Jackson. The Beatles. A few slow songs that are definitely Russian. "Do you not have songs by Michael Jackson?"

"Ask the radio station," I quip and laugh at my sass. I'm in a terribly good mood and I have the right to be. Sure, Father won't let me leave the house without Galina acting as my shadow because he thinks I'm still 'whoring' around but jokes on him. I haven't had sex for two months now... and unfortunately counting.

I exhale, letting the music play without singing along with Justin. Instead, I turn to face Galina. "Okay, so when we get there, what are you meant to do?"

"Stand there without making any comment, ehcetera," Galina recites, summarizes and rolls her eyes. "Let us just get this over with. I have other things to do."

"Like what, flirt with the gardener?" I look away from the road to wiggle my eyebrows at her. "You guys would make such a cute couple. A man standing at 5'6 and the woman standing at 6'5. Won't that be amazing?"

She frowns. Her face remains it's perfectly pale complexion. "No."

Her stare has the ability to melt plastic. I return my gaze back to the road. "Cold much?"

"You tease me now but just wait till I get to see this legendary Ian Ross you always speak of," Galina chuckles but it sounds more like a laugh straight from the Grim Reaper. "You will be redder than my hair."

I zip my mouth shut. One thing I know for sure is that Galina may be lowkey annoying but she never bluffs. I groan and internally curse Father for having the idea to hire Galina full time to follow me around wherever and whenever.

The song changes as I park my car in right across the street from his shop. I pull the key out of the ignition and turn to face Galina, one coal eyebrow raised.

She opens the car door and basically jumps out before I can warn her about keeping her comments to herself. I watch as she stretches out her body like she's about to do some yoga and I try not to laugh. It's a funny sight seeing a buff woman in a tuxedo trying to imitate a cheerleader before practice.