5. Merida

Fairy tales thrive on black and white. In life, there's only grey – no bad guys, no good guys. You could be the Cheshire cat, Snow White, a troll or a pastry-making witch whose diet consists only of little kids, but you'll always be you.
—Arnold Arre, After Eden.

Epic Summer To Do List B4 I Turn Eighteen:#5: Take on the almighty couples food challenge at Pedro's Pizzeria all alone- and win

#5: Take on the almighty couples food challenge at Pedro's Pizzeria all alone- and win

           "What the fuck do you mean by you're grounding me?" I snap at Father's stiff, retreating back as he makes his way into the dining room. He doesn't even bother to turn around in order to glare at me due to my choice of words. I quickly march after him. "You can't be serious!"

           "As a matter of fact, I am," he says as finally turns to face me and settles into his seat at the far end of the dining table. The staff quickly snap into action by wheeling in trays full of food and I frown before sitting on the seat farthest from him.

           "Do you think I'm blind, Scarlett?" He continues to say as he crosses his arms over his torso, leaning back into his seat. "I can see the grotesque bandage on your neck. I know you've gotten yourself a tattoo without my consent."

           I'm tempted to say it's a healing vampire bite but I throw the idea away before it can really become a given action. The way he's glaring at me isn't encouraging.

          "And the piercings too," he continues with his mini rant like he never paused in the first place. "What kind of piercings are these? You weren't satisfied with the ones on your earlobes?"

           I shrug. "It's a trend. Industrial piercings are basically in vogue now. You should know this, Father."

          He shakes his head at me just as a plate full of waffles is placed right in front of him. "Try to be sassy all you want, Scarlett, but my decision is final. You're grounded."

           "No I'm not grounded Father," I huff stubbornly just as a bowl of fruit salad is placed right in front of me. I frown down at the bowl before looking up at the maid with who placed the bowl in front of me. "I said I wanted bacon, eggs and toast. Not fruit salad."

          "I cancelled your meal plan," Father pipes up just as the maid winces at my glare. I turn away from her to find Father sawing a waffle into tiny bite sized pieces with a knife. "I've noticed that you seem to be eating very unhealthy things."

          "Oh Sweet Baby Jesus," I groan, pushing the bowl away to my left roughly. "You have got to be kidding me."