Chapter 1: The beginning

Five days ever since the war begins, life was tougher for two cousins, Daehyun and Youngjae. They have to hide in silence, find food and shelter for their survival needs. For now, they are living in an abandoned home at the outskirts of Seoul, South Korea. Daehyun was waiting for Youngjae in their temporary shelter, praying that his cousin will get back safely from getting food and water.

"Hey Daehyun, I got some human flesh for you. It's from a dead corpse again...hope you are ok with it." Youngjae said, settling down plastic bags full of water, Daehyun and Youngjae meal of the day. "Thank Jae...wait are you eating Tapioca and canned sardine again? Does that even sustain you for the entire day?" Daehyun asked, peeping at Youngjae's tiny portion of food.

"Nah don't worry bout me, it's enough for me." Youngjae said, smiling softly as Daehyun before proceeding to eat his meal. Daehyun looked at Youngjae. 'I wish I'm like other humans...maybe I should prove to Youngjae that I can survive without human flesh.' Daehyun thought to himself but his thoughts were interrupted by Youngjae.

"Dae, stop looking at me and eat your meal. I know I'm super handsome with dirt covering my face but please, your gaze making me feel uneasy."

"Oh sorry...was thinking about something". He replied before resuming eating.

Shortly after their mini conversation died, Youngjae got up from his space and went outside, slightly further from the house. Scanning his surroundings, he assumed that everything was clear when suddenly a mini 'notification' popped in front of his eyes.

'Danger: incoming flying bomb will reach your area within 2 minutes'

"Well fuck...Daehyunnie! PACK YOUR THINGS WE NEED TO LEAVE NOW!" Youngjae yelled, rushing in and grab everything necessary for survival. "Whoa Jae, what's the big deal?" Daehyun asked while in the midst of packing.

"Don't ask, just do what I said." Youngjae instructed. Daehyun, despite being the older of the two, had no choice but to obey what the younger says.

They have been running to nowhere when both heard a loud explosion. Turning back, they noticed the only comfy shelter was now gone.

"Lucky I got you or I probably be dead in the shelter." Daehyun said before showing his fist, waiting for Youngjae to fist bump him. Of course, that didn't happened. Instead, Youngjae said "Follow me, I see shelter."

'What a bummer' Daehyun thought before trailing behind Youngjae.

Night came quickly and both were lying comfortably on a patch of slightly burnt hay that was found from some destroyed farms. Looking up the sky, Daehyun spoke.

"Youngjae...I want to change"

That sentence led Youngjae giving Daehyun a quizzical look. "What do you mean by 'change'?"

"I want to stop consuming human flesh as my main source of food. I want to be like any other humans, eating what a human should eat...do you think I will change if I start tomorrow?" Daehyun asked Youngjae, now looking at Youngjae.

"Dude, not tomorrow. We are hiding for survival and there's you who want to have a change of diet. Are you crazy?" Youngjae blurted out.

"Right... anyways I'm going to sleep first. Nights". Daehyun said, lying on the hays, back facing Youngjae.

'I'm sorry Youngjae, I made up my mind'

"Nights". Youngjae replied, doing the same as Daehyun.

'I hope you won't be an idiot and decide to change of diet during this crucial time.Also I wish I can tell you how much I missed my old life...but I want to hide the fact I'm now no longer a human from you even though it hurts me so badly'.

['Settings: Recharge for 6 hours.']

A/N:

I'm sorry if this too rush

Inspiration: pfft look at this image used for this chapter