Chap 2: Just another day I guess?

Eight days since the war began, three days since the cousins moved into a new shelter. As usual, Youngjae goes out to gather more food for both of them. This time he got himself some edible roots he dug, a freshly killed chicken and human flesh.

However, recently Youngjae noticed how little he ate but instead kept stealing Youngjae's portion. This time, he noticed Daehyun refused to eat his meal. Instead he was curled up on his 'bed'.

'Is he really ok?' Youngjae questioned himself before asking Daehyun.

"Hey Daehyunnie, are you ok? You haven't been eating well for the past three days ever since we shifted here, are you sick? You have to tell me if you are sick, you can't be sick especially this period."

"I'm fine. Just not in the mood of eating". Daehyun replied.

'You can do it Daehyun, you can do it. Prove Youngjae wrong.'

"But if you don't eat, you will not have enough energy." Youngjae said, sitting beside Daehyun.

"I'm fine." Daehyun brushed Youngjae aside, walking up and grab some canned food to eat. Eating the canned food silence, Youngjae can't help but notice the sudden change of diet. No way he was going to let Daehyun go on a rampage like how he did 11 years ago.

Trying to offer some flesh, Youngjae was hoping that Daehyun will kindly take his offer. Instead, he felt his arm getting pushed by Daehyun.

"Jae, don't. I don't want that."

"B-but..."

"No buts Jae. Now please leave me alone." Daehyun said.

(Daehyun's POV)

Shortly after Youngjae left, I continued eating. The lingering feel of wanting to eat human flesh is slightly there but I managed to surpass it with canned food.

I admit, this taste ten times better than flesh. Fuck my parents for not giving me good food like this. Looking out again, I noticed Youngjae's skinny fame.

Just then, my mouth started watering. 'No no no, Dae don't you ever think of going back to your old diet and also attacking Youngjae like what you did 11 years ago. Will you forgive yourself if that happened again?' I thought internally.

Just then, Youngjae came back. Sitting beside me, he suddenly ask a random question.

"Do you miss your family or even friends?"

I never miss my family since they turned me into the beast I am now but friends...

"I missed our friends...I wonder how they were doing? Yonggukkie hyung, Himchannie hyung, Jonguppie, Junhongie, I hope they are safe and far from this war zone". I said, tears brimming in my eyes.

"Same here...the last person I talked to was Himchan hyung...we were talking of going to watch Secret's concert....but I didn't expect this to happen." Youngjae said, now a sobbing mess.

Comforting him, I recalled all the happy memories I made with the six of us. I wished I can go to those times again.

We chatted for the entire evening. Halfway chatting, Youngjae threw in another question.

"Daehyun, remember three nights ago, you said you want to have a change of diet...you weren't seriously going to attempt right?"

"Nah, just haven't been wanting to eat flesh. It happened a few times." I reassured him before saying "goodnight".

Sorry Youngjae, as much as I know you are right, I just want to change. Let me do this for once .

(Daehyun's POV end)

A/N:

I finally finished my exams and to be very honest, Idk where is this story is heading but I hope I can quickly finish it before my school resumes.

Here you go, a DaeJae pic to bless your existence