CUT SCENES :Prologue Second Half

*NOTE* I am in the process of making changes to the Book Blood and Honey. I've decided to move large scenes that are cut to the back that way readers can still view them if they wish and others can get a glimpse of my creative/editing process if they want.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Three hours later, I am being wheeled into a hospital room. I've been examined, poked, prodded, and now the only thing left is to wait for the results from the battery of tests the doctors have prescribed. I feel numb, detached from this world I am still apart of.

The only thing that lets me know I still exist is the uncomfortable pull of the bandage covering the wound that...that thing inflicted. Time drags on slowly as I continue to fall deeper into the arms of silence, into the blissful nothingness that is swallowing me.

I tense when I see one of my doctors coming back, accompanied by a woman and an officer. The curtain that would normally give me privacy has been pulled back from the window since they wheeled me in here and an officer has been stationed outside my room. The officer that has been standing guard seems much friendly than the one I see outside my window now.

Maybe that is because the officer standing next to the woman looks seasoned compared to his younger comrade. You can see it in the way this officer holds himself, all jaw taut with shoulders pulled so straight it looks like he has a rod for a spine. He's been hardened by the years of witnessing the ugly sides of humanity. But has he ever seen a monster that wasn't human? Would he believe me if I told him that a demon killed my parents?

Thankfully, he and the woman he is with remain outside of my room. I don't want to talk to anyone. I'm not even sure I want to be here. Everything I thought I knew has been shattered into a million pieces. Monsters aren't supposed to exist outside of the fables parents used to scare their children. But they do, and now one has taken everything from me.

"How is she doing? Is she going to make it?" I hear the woman ask, the door to my room doing a poor job of blocking out the sounds that fill the hallway.

"Honestly, I am stunned. I have never seen anything like this and I've been working in the medical field for over twenty years. Not all of her tests have come back yet, but the ones that have, show that she is healthy as an Olympic athlete. The paramedic said she flatlined but came to before he could even try to resuscitate her. She's a lucky girl."

"But what about all the blood? The paramedic said she threw up close to three liters of blood?" The officer asks, his voice much gruffer than the doctor overseeing my care.

"Her blood count is well within the normal range for a girl her size, so I am not sure where the blood came from because it most certainly is not missing from her."

"Are you saying the blood she threw up wasn't hers? That it is possible she drank large amounts of blood and that is what made her sick?"

Drank large amounts of blood...the officer's phrase hits me smack in the chest. "I was looking forward to draining you until there wasn't an ounce of scrumptious blood left in your carcass."

Oh, God. Is that what happened to my parents? Did that thing drink their blood!

"Really, Dwayne? Are you seriously suggesting she's an accomplice in the murder of her own parents?" the woman asks in disgust.

"Maybe she did. Maybe the two of them got so high and messed up they didn't know what they were doing."

"Before you start accusing her of murder and drinking her parent's blood in some drug-induced psychotic break, why don't you wait until after we have had a chance to talk with her," the woman states angrily.