*Chapter Fifteen*

Making my way to the kitchen, my fury has become as dire and prominent as my thirst. An agitated vampire is a bad thing. A thirsty vampire is a you-better-hold-on-to-your-heart kind of thing.

A livid vampire?

Even vampires better hold onto their hearts and heads because those things are very likely to get torn from their bodies.

Ripping into the first blood bag I find in the fridge with my fangs, crimson spills out all over me as I suck the contents down in three seconds flat. I toss the empty bag, uncaring that blood is splattered around me. I tear into another one, glistening thick burgundy sloshing out from the jagged puncture my sharpened teeth cut into the blood bag. I am in no mood to suckle at this thing like it is a bottle. I need to be bathed in red before the red behind my eyes leads to me doing something stupid.

I down two more blood bags and grab three more for the fridge to take with me. I'm so damn thirsty, and I can't tell if that's because I'm angry or because I know Kinley will be in my room waiting for me.

A trail of empty blood bags gets left in my wake as I drink them all before I make it to my chambers. The sustenance I've ingested is doing little to stop the icy-frost of ire from taking over me.

The heavy doors to my bedroom quarters smack against the walls when I push them open with too much force. I need to hunt, but I can't leave Kinley. It is a good thing I can place an order with Harvest 57 because I'm in need of something much warmer than two-day-old cold blood packs.

Kinley comes scrambling out of my closet when she hears my loud entrance. I leave her for a couple of minutes and she's already snooping through my things. The way her chest sounds like its got a hummingbird trapped inside it lets me know she thinks she's in trouble or that she was up to no good.

It's only when her hands come up over her gaped mouth that I look down. My clothes are soaked in blood. I take a step in Kinley's direction and, apparently, it is one too many.

Kinley darts from the opening of my closet to the bathroom, slamming the door shut before the click of the lock sounds. I can hear her feet against the tile as she paces, muttering oh god, oh god, oh god.

I can see how my appearance might be upsetting to a human. However, Kinley ran to the one place I need to be able to go in order to wash up...again. I think that makes three times in one day. That may be a record.

The door handle to the bathroom breaks with a single twist of my wrist. Kinley whirls around to face me right as I open the door. Her sea-green eyes scan every red-covered inch of me for a second time.

"Don't come any closer!" She lunges for the sink, grabbing hold of the only thing she sees. She retreats with my toothbrush in hand, positioning it as if it were one of her pencils.

Her gaze bounces all over the place, trying to locate anything she can use against me because the bristle tipped hard plastic isn't instilling a lot of confidence in her.

"Are you going to try to wash my back with that?" I grin, the level of anger in me melting at the sight of her treating my toothbrush as a stake.

"I said don't come any closer." Kinley moves backward as I push forward. She keeps moving back till she hits the opposite wall.

Her eyes shut and she turns her face when I breach the perimeter she views as a safe distance causing her hair to pool over her shoulder. She's pressing herself so tightly to the wall if she doesn't watch it, she may become a permanent fixture.