Chapter Twenty-Six

The thing about me in a bad mood is that it makes me edgy and when I am edgy there is only one thing I want to do-spill blood everywhere.

"Welcome back home, Mr. Darkos." A driver from Harvest 57 opens the limo door for me." I practically fall out, my body buzzing and drunk with the surge of overindulgence that is running through my veins.

"I think she had a rough ride." I snicker as I cast a glance at the heartless human in the limo. She is one of the many that had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting me this evening.

"I would say so, sir." The driver in all black with his H57 cap smirks as I sway, all of my cells tingling in the most pleasurable of ways in their overflow of nourishment.

I could have called Shadow Enterprise to pick me up, but they wouldn't bring a snack for me like Harvest did and I so needed human heart. It is the perfect way to end an evening after the day I have had. Though I should say morning as it's four in the morning now.

"Thanks for the lift home." I wave the driver off, forgoing the front door as I head to the backyard, stripping as I go.

It is imperative I get the blood off me before I enter. I don't want to have to deal with Kinley and her questions because then I will have to tell her I have eight souls covering me. Well, nine if you count the one I ordered from Harvest.

A twisted grin forms as I dive into the pool to cleanse myself of the evening of fun I have had. It started out at a local bar where I was assessing what flavor I was in the mood for, besides the killing kind. That's when a bachelorette party of seven came in. They'd been bar hopping. Started their day out with brunch and mimosas, then manicures and pedicures where they were plied with cheap wine, then after a day by the hotel pool and more alcohol they came to the bar I was at for happy hour.

It was like a sign from below. My happy hour had just arrived, all seven of them.

I sink to the bottom of the pool, drowning in the memories that come after. The drinks I sent to them. The one mentioning how they wished they could get into Deviant House Seven. It's all a blur when I took the bachelorette party back to the Scarlet Lounge. I know that demon was there, Wroth. He partied hard with us until he had to go. Something about his vessel and bedtime.

The thought of "bedtime" causes me to surface and get out of the pool at blinding speeds. There is a cluster of heat that is sitting too low in me, a heat that has been there since the demon mentioned bedtime. All I could think about after Wroth mentioned it is how Kinley is probably in my bed waiting for me to return home. And now, it's all I can think about again. My sweet, delicious cinnamon spiced human sleeping in my bed in those silky pajamas that can't hide the effects my cold body causes whenever I get close to her.

Serena, Dorian, and Thron's heads snap in my direction when I enter the house through the back door with nothing but a towel around my waist and water trickling down my body as it drips onto the stone floor.

My gaze immediately moves past them to the muted television. Booming laughter ripples out of me as I see a news segment airing about a recent car accident. It's the headline that gets me-Bachelorette Nightmare. I compelled the driver the humans had hired to drive them around town all day to crash his car into the concrete median at 150 miles per hour.

See, now no one knows they were all on the brink of death to begin with because there won't be anything left of them. I smile seeing the flames ravaging the crumbled heap of metal that used to be a car.

It's so easy to get rid of humans. It's like killing ants. All you got to do is squash them and, if you are feeling really naughty, you set them on fire.