Chapter 10

A month had passed since their wedding. And Leo was dying. They still hadn't consummated their marriage and he couldn't take it anymore.

It felt like she was punishing him because of all the secrets he had kept from her. He knew she wanted him. He saw it in her eyes every time they were alone together.

It wasn't just lust he felt for her, they had this absurd pull between them.

Every time she entered a room he was in, he'd wait for her to meet his eyes. He'd wait for her eyes to light up when she saw him. And when she was distracted with her writing and didn't pay attention to him, he'd actually feel jealous and neglected. He felt like a big cranky baby. He could imagine how Crane would've reacted had he seen him like this.

At night, he'd lay awake in his bed, listening intently for any movement. Waiting for her to knock on his door. Every tiny rustling sound would leave him tossing and turning in his bed, longing for her.

Longing to make her his and hold her in his arms.

He'd stolen a few kisses from her, but that was about it.

Had he been an idiot to let her decide when they'd consummate their marriage?

But on the bright side, she had gotten very close to Isabelle.

Leo was walking towards the garden, a place he often went to when he wanted to think.

That's when he heard feminine laughter.

His wife's laughter.

There went his ding-a-ling again. Just the sound of her laughter was enough to awaken his pizzle.

Wait, why was she laughing?

And then they came into view.

Clara, Isabelle and that loiter-sack John.

He was holding up a skeleton and making it dance. And the ladies were laughing at that? What was wrong with them?

"Am I interrupting?" Leo asked, interrupting them.

John's face fell, but Clara's eyes lit up and he exulted.

"Oh Leonard, do come here." she called out.

He internally rolled his eyes at the lack of his self control when it came to her as he walked towards her.

He sat on the bench beside her and pulled her closer to him.

Isabelle happily climbed into his lap.

He looked at Clara's face to gauge her reaction at his blatant show of marking his territory. She was blushing and seemed pleased.

He was anything but pleased though.

What was the need for her to conduct her so called lessons in a garden alone with a young man with only Isabelle as a chaperone?

Oh Lord! Was he actually jealous?

No, it couldn't be.

"So what have you learnt so far?" he asked, trying to calm the beast in him.

"Well, I can name most of the bones now" she said, clearly proud of herself.

He wanted to feel happy for her, he truly did. But the green monster sitting on his shoulder was not letting him share her excitement.

"Most of the bones? You can name all of them correctly," John said.

Why was he even here?