Chapter 8.

Pulling up at the boat dock me and Brooklyn got out the car and I follow him, being he knew what boat we were going to, walking down a little we stopped in front of a boat and Brooklyn stepped on the board leading to the boat before turning around and reaching his hand out for me to take to help me up.

"You're here, good we can get going then." Noah's voice comes into hearing and I look up to see him in laying on a lounging chair.

"Baby... Oh, you came together?" Rosie's voice went from happy to annoyed in a second.

"Hey, yeah we live right next to each other and Penelope still doesn't know her way around." Brooklyn speaks up for me letting go of my hand once I was on the boat and I go take a seat next to Noah not wanting to be in the middle of what's about to go down between the couple.

"Not to mention he drove her to the karting range yesterday" Noah informs Rosie and I'm almost tempted to cover his mouth with my hand to keep him quiet.

"Does she not have a sat nav? Or a map?" Rosie's voice was sharp like she was trying not to snap, but show she was annoyed to Brooklyn and not the rest of us even though by the look of everyone feeling slightly uncomfortable.

"Rosie." Brooklyn says it like a warning for her to not make a scene.

"How about we talk in here." Rosie turns and walks down the steps inside the boat and Brooklyn rolls his eyes before following after her.

The boat gets moving and music starts playing everyone talking over the rather loud conversation taking place below deck.

"Try and not let it get you down." Noah says bumping his shoulder with mine a friendly smile on his face.

"Pardon?" I say confused as to what he is on about, what am I meant to be down about?

"Being in the middle of their argument's..." Noah nods his head towards the stairs and closed door and the even louder voice coming from the couple.

"Oh, I wasn't letting it get me down I'm fine, Really." I tell him still unsure why their arguments would be my fault.

"Okay let's get this party started shall we! We should be at a nice clearing in about ten minutes so everyone have a drink and then we can go swimming." Faith shouts out from the top deck where someone is driving the boat and then climbs down onto the same level as us opening a drink cooler.

I walk over and get a can of coke for myself and walk around the side of the boat giving myself a little tour, looking out at the view.

Turns out going to the other side of the boat didn't just give me the peace and quiet from the loud music but now meant the argument was loud and clear for me to hear.

"That's not the point Brooklyn, she is always with you." I hear Rosie's voice and notice the open window and think about going too close it to give them their privacy, then I think how if Rosie was listening in to one of my conversations she wouldn't even care.

"We live next door to each other I offered to drive her here, if we lived closer to each other I would offer to drive you around all the time." Comes his reply.

"So what is this you two have going on?" Well, car rides... I think to myself.

"Nothing is going on, for god sake, we are friends like how me and Ebony and Faith are all friends you're not jealous of them so why be jealous of her?" Brooklyn's voice gets louder and I decide I don't want to hear anymore, moving right up to the front of the boat where the sound of the water was louder than the two people having an argument about me.