Claude x Reader (Warning)

Artist is Mukakkuna ^

If you are sensitive to mental illness topics than I advise you to skip this update even though it's dang good.

Modern AU

"Keep your bloody mouths shut! I'm trying to concentrate!" Ciel yelled over us and the music. The minivan shook on the old gravel road. Ciel's eyebrows furrowed as he took a look at the large map for what seemed to be the hundredth time that hour.

"Ciel! You're our last hope!" Soma says dramatically.

"Now now, let's not put any pressure on him." Agni says to Soma.

The three of us were on a typical road trip. Just your regular, cliche short vacation.

And we're lost.

"Ciel, I hate to pester you... but please find the cabin soon." I asked him. I could see his face grimace as I said it. He knew just as much as the rest of us that night time was quickly approaching. I could see the sun setting through the dense forest trees.

"Ciel, we're almost out of petrol. Is there a gas station close by?" Agni said, slowing the minivan a bit.

"Yeah, he's in the shotgun seat." Ciel said, pointing to Soma.

Soma's face flushed. "Ciel!!" He yelled.

Ciel smirked as he looked back down at the map, concentrating again.

"Maybe we can sleep in the car for the night and find the cabin in the morning?"
Agni suggested.

"That's unfair on (Y/N). We can't let her sleep in a car with three guys." Ciel said.

"Thanks for thinking of me, but really, it's fine. If I have to I'll just sleep in the boot." I joked.

Agni gave a small laugh. I was considered the baby of the group, being more soft and quiet than the rest made them feel like they needed to protect me. It could be a bit annoying at times, like going out with other friends, but they mean well.

The sun had just set, the yellows, oranges and pinks became greens, blacks and blues. The forest became an eerie shade of black. That feeling where you can't see anything, but you know something is there. Agni turned the car's headlights on, which only made things worse. I watched the edge of the light from the back seat, waiting for something to appear on the road. Each dent we drove past only heightened my anxiety.

I pulled my eyes from the road and sighed, closing my eyes. 'I'm probably just working myself up' I thought. I ran a hand through my (H/L), (H/C) hair and opened my eyes again.

"Okay, I've found out where we are." Ciel began. "The problem is that the cabin is in the forest. I'm sure that will be even harder to find." Ciel sighed.

"Wait, do you mean we have to go into the forest?" I asked him, feeling my heartbeat increase. He nodded.

"The owner of the cabin should be meeting us there, don't worry." That wasn't comforting at all.

Agni made a turn into the first path that lead deeper into the thick, towering trees. The car began to make noises.

We are running out of petrol.

"Ciel... I don't feel good about this. Why don't we take a U-turn out and sleep on the road?" I ask.

"The darkness is nothing to be afraid of. Nothing changes when it turns to night apart from how much you can see."

"I guess you're right." I said, holding in my fear. I'm sure there is nothing there.

The car became slow with loud noises coming from it. The car came to a full stop.