Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Annalisa was left with lingering thoughts of what Slade had told her. She couldn't decide on what she wanted to do. She was doomed either way. No matter how bad she wanted to trust Slade. She knew she couldn't after his betrayal. Annalisa didn't know if he had ulterior motives or if he would actually stand by his word? He deceived her so she didn't know if he was doing it again. There's a major possibility that he is doing this for his own gain not to help me...

Not only that, but Annalisa knew the would be task is too difficult.

How would be she able to find the necklace Lucious used to track her down? She would never get close enough to his chambers to actually look. Surely, if he finds her snooping around he'll kill her. How does she know if it's even in his chambers? How would she locate the necklace in this unfamiliar world? Where would she start?

That's if he allowed her to live long enough to at least try. Annalisa was in a very tough position. She felt so overwhelmed and was truly lost on what she should do. She hated that this had to happen to her..she would do anything to go back to the normal life she had before this all happened to her. The possibility of her living her normal life would be a blessing right now.

Annalisa stared at the empty spot where Slade was once standing and shook her head. She knew she had to push away the thoughts in her head for a moment. It was all too much for her. Annalisa was so deep in her thoughts she didn't notice that Lucius was standing right in front of her.

"There you are!" Lucius exclaimed delightfully and Annalisa furrowed her eyebrows at the sudden display of happiness. A bad feeling sank in the pit of her gut when she saw the crazed look in his eyes.

Lucius roughly grabbed her arm in a death grip and she winced slightly. He pulled her away from the crowd of people to a nearby dark secluded hallway that lead a path to a red wooden door. She glared at the back of his head because once again he was using unnecessary force. Annalisa was tripping over her feet and her arm felt like going to be yanked out the socket.

For the first time in a while, Annalisa couldn't speak at all. Not a single word escaped her lips because she felt very scared at what was waiting for her behind the door. She knew something wasn't right and after taking note of Lucius's weird behavior she knew it couldn't be anything good. Lucius is an evil demon so anything that has him excited must mean that it involves hurting me..

As the door creaked open she realized exactly why she had been completely afraid..

The inside of the spacious room was completely metallic down to the floors and up to the walls. There were numerous metal chairs in the open space with a person seated in each chair. Each person was completely dressed in black clothing from their hands to their toes. And to top it off, they wore a black crow mask that looked strangely similar to the plague doctor masks back in 1300s.

 And to top it off, they wore a black crow mask that looked strangely similar to the plague doctor masks back in 1300s

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Everyone in the room was completely still. They didn't move an inch, but that's not what made her quake in fear. It was the large clear tube located right in the middle of the room, underneath the tube was harsh blue fire that created a blue hue. Around the entire tube was a white pentagram.

Annalisa heart raced and her palms became sweaty. What is going to happen to me? He's probably going to throw me in there and burn me to a crisp. There's no chance of me deciding on what I was going to do because I'm going to die. I was hoping it would've been later rather than sooner.

Lucius turned to face her, a deranged smile painted on his lips. His eyes were wild. "I think it's about that time vermin. The best way to honor us would be for you to be our meal of course. I've been wanting to get a taste of your flesh."

Annalisa swallowed hard. She felt so unsettled. She didn't understand why did she have to go out like this?

She narrowed her eyes at him, "You're absolutely disgusting," She hissed with venom. He ignored her and focused on stopped her from moving completely. She wanted to struggle against his invisible binds but she couldn't, he was too strong.

He threw her over his shoulder and carried her to the flaming tube. With each step he took, the more Annalisa felt like vomiting because she was sickened with fear. She hated that she was going to die before she even had a chance to try.

The masked creatures slowly turned their heads in the direction of where Annalisa lay limp over his shoulder. Too afraid to stare back at them Annalisa screwed her eyes shut.

Tears burned in her eyes at she felt herself being lifted into the tube. Her heart pounded loudly in her ears and she wanted nothing more than to be free. But, Annalisa never gets what she wants.

Her body dropped in the blazing glass..

She let out a ear piercing scream. Immediately, her body became scorching hot all over and the pain was relentless. Her skin was red and bubbling within seconds from the flames. She screamed and cried for anyone to help her. She scratched and banged on the glass with her hands to escape the fire, but the glass didn't budge.

Her eyes rolled in the back of her head as she shook violently. The pain was unbearable. She stared in horror as the skin melted off her bones. Soon enough blinding bright spots began to take over her vision.

The masked creatures were pressed hungrily against the glass tube as they watched her demise.