Chapter 7

Chapter 7

The entire time Annalisa spent with Slade at the mall. She was paranoid. She tried to relax but it was impossible. She was still frightened over the attack of the woman. She still couldn't get over the fact that woman was one of those...creatures. A cold chill creeps down her spine as she thought about the way the blonde woman's face melted off.

She also wondered how that store disappeared. She swore it was there one moment, then vanished when she took a glance over her shoulder. None of this wasn't making sense. She wanted to be left alone. She let her eyes briefly sweep over the exterior of her car, just in case any of those demons are hiding in her car.

In Annalisa's mind she knew now there was no such thing as being too cautious.

Living constantly in fear, afraid that those monsters are going after her wasn't the way she wanted to spend her life. She needed to find a way to get rid of them. She just didn't know how. Who would believe her? Not only that but she didn't understand who he was. The woman mentioned something about this person. Annalisa was puzzled about it.

Up until a few days ago Annalisa didn't even know any of these creature existed. She knows that it does and she's their new target. A brief image of the necklace flickered through her mind. It's all this stupid cursed necklace's fault. Annalisa thought as she tightened her hands on the steering wheel. Her knuckles turned white as huffed in frustration.

She still couldn't get that necklace off of her neck, it's only going to make those creatures continue to stalk her or worse began to harm her. Her eyes watered and she sniffled to keep them at bay.

She would've thought that spending a little bit of time with Slade, would've taken her mind off things but it didn't. Her mind was constantly in overdrive, thoughts crept into her mind constantly. She wished she would've asked him to drive with her, but she couldn't make herself do it. Although, she had a strong dislike for him. It kind of disappeared a smudge with his random acts of concern. It seemed as if he genuinely wanted to keep her safe but he definitely didn't change his rude attitude towards her.

It made her slightly uncomfortable and bit suspicious. But for now he was the only person that knew about what's really going on with her. So she at least had to be somewhat polite, but that doesn't mean she liked him. Annalisa wanted to confide in her friend Ella but she had to remember that less the people knew the better. Even telling her won't make them stay away, they might began to target her as well.

Her thoughts came to a halt when her phone rang. She took her eyes off the road, momentarily to grab her small phone from the arm's rest. She pressed the answer button. She maneuvered the phone to rest in the crook of her shoulder. Leaning her head against phone to keep it from falling she answered with a timid. "Hello?"

"Annalisa? Where are you?"

Her eyes widened slightly as she mentally smacked herself. "Oh Dad! I'm so sorry I forgot that you were visiting today. I'm on my way home right now." She said as she pressed her foot harder on the gas. How could she forget? She was so excited about his visit. She shouldn't have let all the chaos make her forget.

She let out a small laugh when she heard her father's chuckle. It was so warm, it reminded her of home. "It's alright, sweetie. You were always the forgetful one." He mused.

Her lips twitched. "Yeah. I kind of am."

__________________________