Chapter Thirty Four

Elise and I sat down on the floor in the middle of the room as we held each others hands tightly. Our head was looking up facing the ceiling, but our eyes were closed as we focused on each other as we tried to reach out to our sister.

The sound of the door opening broke broke our concentration as we opened our eyes and faced the door, waiting to see who it was this time.

A tall, brown skinned man with light brown hair came in with two plates on a tray which he nearly dropped when he saw us looking at him. He quickly put the tray down on the bed before rushing to the door.

"Damn, y'all are creepy," he muttered to himself before shutting the door on his way out, leaving us alone once again as we heard the door lock.

Without even glancing towards the tray of food, we went back into our previous position and began reaching out to our sister, but something was preventing our links to connect with hers. It was as if their was a shield around her.

Without warning, something somehow entered our connection sending an intense amount of pain through our body, as the room was now filled with our cries of agony. It was as if our bodies were burning from the inside out. I could even taste the smoke.

Instantly we let go of each as we rolled on the floor hoping that the pain would cease, but it didn't. The door was flung open as Omar hands were wrapped around me, but it only made things worse. It felt like I was being stabbed with nails wherever our skin touched.

Dropping me once he realized he couldn't help me, I saw that the same thing had happened between Elise and Alexander as he went to stand next to his brother. I could see that their mouths were moving, but I couldn't hear what they were saying as a sharp ring sounded through my ears.

Suddenly Omar and Alexander just walked back out of the room and shut the door leaving us alone in agony, when suddenly the ring in my ears just ceased as if it was never there.

"Soon my little ones. Soon you will be back in my hands." 

Just hearing his deep, gruff voice sent shivers down my spine as I realized we would soon meet him again. Whether we were the ones to go to him or he was the once to come take us, but either way we couldn't run.

Sitting up, I looked into my sister's blue eyes as she looked into mine and we just stared at each other. We both was scared of what was going to happen now but neither of us could bring ourselves to utter a single word.

Everything was just happening so fast. One second all three of us was united as a family again and then the next thing we know, our sister is taken away from us and now we are locked up in a room by our mates to ensure our safety.

We were both thinking the same thing as we nodded our heads at each other. We knew what had to be done.