Chapter Thirty Eight

Omar's Point of View

My head was pounding as I got up from my bed and headed to the bathroom to see that I was already fully dressed. I am usually very hungry whenever I just wake up, but today I was full which was strange.

Looking at my clock, I saw that it was already in the afternoon so I just head straight for the training grounds while taking note of the empty hallway. The hallways was normally full during the afternoon, so I found it weird that there no one there.

When I got to the training grounds, the other fighters were just arriving and they all seemed to be just as confused as me until Alexander showed up. His beta went to talk to him while everyone else tried to come up with an explanation that made sense but failed.

I was about to go talk to my brother when a ringing sound filled my head. I held fell to the ground with my hands covering my ears as I prayed to the moon that this would all be over soon.

Suddenly, my bones began cracking on their own sending intense pain all through out my body. My body was not ready for the change as my wolf was being forced to the front of my mind while I was pushed in the shadows.

I was repeatedly trying to get my wolf to change back to human form but failed each time. After some time I grew tired of trying and decided to pay attention to my surroundings to see something that shocked me.

The female wolves were beside the young ones who had somehow managed to shift into their wolves. 

This wasn't supposed to happen because their bodies wasn't ready for the change and because they hadn't even spoken to their wolves. It seemed as if the impossible had become possible and that was scaring me even though I hated to admit it.

I tried communicating with my wolf, but it was as if it no longer had a voice. There was just my voice in my head and my wolf was nowhere to be found.

It was then that I remembered that I had read something like this in a very old book which I had found. It said something like this had happened centuries ago when a spell was cast onto werewolves, making their wolves come out and giving them no human control unless it was on a full moon.

Wanting to share this information with the others, I tried linking them but it was as if there was a wall surrounding all of us. Our connection had been damaged but we were still bonded to one another.

The book had mentioned nothing of this, which made me think that maybe this spell was different. 

It had said something about the spell being broken by another witch, but other than that, there was no other cure known besides killing the one which the curse had been placed on. No one knew about this except me, so how was I to know who had been cursed?

All of a sudden, a loud howling sound brought me out of my thoughts as another wolf who looked to be in the same mess as we were appeared.

I recognized the other wolf as none other than Alpha Axel.