Goodnight Moony

A/N: Hope you guys like it!

Anna changed her clothes so she wouldn't get her nice robes dirty. She wore a comfortable, long sleeved, burgundy shirt with a pair of muggle jeans. She had on her dark brown combat boots and slipped on a red hooded cloak to keep out the cold. She grabbed the metal case off the bed and closed the bed room door. She quickly clambered down stairs to join Remus at the door. She took his hand and squeezed it before opening the door and heading out into the forest, her love right behind her.

Once they had traveled deep enough, Anna took out her wand and protected the area from outsiders. The area they lived in was hardly ever touched by any one else but she couldn't risk anything. She looked up at the moon gasped. Anna put her wand up and looked at Remus, "It'll be any moment now." He nodded, "Go ahead and change." She flung off her red cloak, leaving it in a ball by an old oak tree. She took the brief case and hid it in a bush. Anna closed her eyes, took a breath and she felt herself begin to shrink.

Remus smiled, he loved her animagus form. Foxes were always beautiful creatures to him and it fit his Anna very well. His smile disappeared when he felt a bolt of pain shoot through his body and his bones began to shift. He saw Red hide behind a tree , not wanting to watch the painful process. His back cracked and he let out shout which quickly turned into a howl. He felt his mind get drowsy and his consciousness began to slip. He tried to fight it for a second before relaxing and letting Moony take control.

Anna chanced a glance at Remus and saw that he was done with his transformation. The werewolf was now on all fours, sniffing the air in excitement. He smelt something. She realized it was her he smelled. She quickly moved out from behind her tree and approached the enormous wolf. Moony brought his snout down and sniffed her, before nuzzling her neck and licking her cheek. If she were human, she would've sighed in relief. She let out a cheerful yip and her eyes sparkled with mischief. Moony watched her carefully, getting into a pouncing position. Somewhere in his animal brain he understood the meaning behind her actions. It was play time.

Without warning, the fox dashed off with the werewolf bounding after her. She weaved in and out of trees, taking twist and turns. She stopped behind a blackberry bush, hoping the sweet berries would hide her scent. She was proved wrong when Mooney approached the bush, leaned down and licked her, as if to say: you're it.

She barked and licked his nose before trotting back to the clearing where they started. Then, she heard a hiss. The fox looked to her left and jumped with surprise. It was a big, black snake. She growled out of instinct as the reptile watched her, it's slimy tongue flickering in and out as if mocking her. It prepared to lunge but it never had a chance. A large snout with big, sharp teeth, snatched up the creature and flung it into a large tree, about twenty yards away. The hissing stopped and the werewolf looked to his little fox and licked her protectively. She yawned and walked over to the oak tree where her cloak still sat.

Moony stretched and curled under the tree and Anna quickly curled into his side. She didn't even bother turning into her human form. Moony drifted off to sleep and Anna followed his example.

-Morning-

Anna woke up to an already dressed Remus petting her. The fox stretched her limbs before closing her eyes and changing back into a human. Remus smiled tiredly, but he didn't seem nearly as exhausted as he usually was, "You got Moony too sleep again." She grinned, "It's one of my many talents. Besides, you got tired after we played hide and go seek." He stumbled a bit without warning and she sighed. This was probably the part she hated the most, the aftermath. The witch steadied him and looked at him with concern, "Take it easy, Remus. You may have gotten sleep but you're still drained. Come on, let's get you back to the house and I'll make breakfast and you can rest. Maybe we can go out later if you're feeling better. We could go to Diagon Alley or the Burrow or we can get chocolate from Honeydukes." He smiled wearily, "You're a saint, Anna. I don't know what I'd do without you."

She plopped him on the couch and covered him with a quilt and gave him a book to read. He was about to start reading his book when there was a tap at the window. It was Arthur, the owl. He opened the window with magic and his bird flew into the room and dropped the letter in Remus' lap.

Dear Mutt,

I am not an idiot. Of course I've heard about the petrification of Argus' feline friend. Who do you think was out in charge of making the antidote? I am well aware of what the words imply and believe me when I say that I will try my best to keep Anna safe from harm. You are right (for once), I was already planning on keeping her safe. The full moon was last night. I hope you didn't give Anna fleas. Also, don't ever compare Anna to James. She is above him.

-Severus Snape

Remus shook his head in exasperation. That man never changed. He folded the letter and placed in his pocket. Anna walked in with breakfast. It was just french toast and eggs with orange juice. She couldn't go too big on breakfast, sometimes he felt a bit ill in the morning. She pecked him on the lips, "How're you feeling?" He chuckled, "Terrible, but a lot better thanks to you." Her eyes softened, "Get some rest, Remus. Call for me if you feel better and don't lie, I can tell.

- Time Skip (Dinner) -

"Remus? Are you hungry? I made your favorite!" He grinned, now only slightly tired, "Steak?" She nodded, "And for desert: Chocolate cake with fudge icing and chocolate chips on top." He stood up and kissed her cheek, "You know me too well." She laughed, "Come on then, your feast awaits!" They sat down and ate. He looked up from his steak, "So, does Harry play quidditch?" She beamed with pride, "He's a seeker! Severus hates it because the Gryffindors are winning more games now!" Remus smiled knowingly, "You practiced with them didn't you, Anna?" She smirked, "Now you know me too well. They loved it though. I kept the snakes from stealing the field and I showed them the old fashioned techniques we used back in the good old days!" He laughed, "I bet you made quite the impression on them. Molly says Fred and George are trying to find ways to prove you as their blood relative. She said that they insisted that you are too much like them not to be related to them."

Anna grinned behind her tea, "Well, I can't say I'd be disappointed if they were proved right. I'm already teaching them in the ways of the marauders." Remus shook his head with a smile.

-Time skip-

After dinner, they got ready for bed. Remus walked out of the bathroom and smiled softly at the sight that met him. His wife was in bed, in her red pajamas, reading a novel under the warm glow of the lamp on their bedside table. Her red hair cascaded over her shoulders and she bit her lip lightly like she always did when she was thinking. He didn't know what could possibly be more beautiful.

She looked up from her book and saw him looking at her and waved him over and he joined her. They laid their in comfortable silence, enjoying each others company. After a few minutes, Anna broke the quiet, "I'm going back tomorrow morning." He sighed sadly, "I know." She rested her head on his shoulder, "Starting then it'll be all school and magic and students. I'm going to miss you." He kissed her forehead, "I'll miss you too. You know Anna, if you don't want to go back to Hogwarts, you don't have to." She looked at her husband in surprise, "I want to go back to Hogwarts, Remus. It really is wonderful being back there."

He nodded but frowned after a minute, "Has Lockhart been bothering you again?" She shrugged, "Yeah, but I've been getting better at ignoring it." She studied his face and her eyes filled with concern, "Remus? You aren't seriously jealous of that complete numbskull, are you?" He sighed, but said nothing. She kissed him, "Remus, you are the most intelligent, kind, chivalrous, noble, humble, funny, sensitive, brave, honest, talented, handsome guy I have ever crossed paths with and you are fifty times the man Lockhart is. I don't care about his money or his fame. I love you with every fiber of my being and I will never stop. Never ever." He kissed her cheek, "Sweet dreams, Red." "Goodnight, Moony." With that, Anna switched off the light and they both drifted off to sleep.