Tea Therapy

AN: School's out, finally! Which means more writing time!

Also, for those who are reading my Supernatural fic, my chapter got erased so I have to rewrite it and I was busy for the last couple weeks with all the work my teachers were throwing at me before school ended. I was at the very last sentence in the chapter when my iPad glitched and deleted it! I nearly cried because I had worked so hard to get it done!

Thanks so much to all my readers, you really make writing these chapters a joy :)

Tea had always been a tradition of sorts for Anna and Minerva. Whenever something bothered or upset or confused Anna in her school days, she would go to Minnie and they would have tea and talk. Minerva had always loved the girl like a daughter. She enjoyed telling Anna her opinions and sharing stories and laughing. The tea always helped calm both of their nerves after stressful situations, which was why the two had decided to continue their little sessions.

Minnie poured the tea and Anna nodded in thanks, adding her usual amount of sugar. Minerva fixed herself her cup, put in her sugar and milk and stirred the cup. She set the small spoon down, along with her tea and looked at her former student, "He was a first year, he was a nice kid, average student, a bit naive and talkative but he didn't deserve this." Anna smiled sadly. She was referring to Colin, of course, "Well obviously, someone thinks otherwise. He's muggleborn and, to some people, that means he has contaminated, corrupt, and damaged genes that have no place in the wizarding world. Voldemort's followers say that their deaths are justified. They may even be under the delusion that they are heroes. But they aren't, their cowards, the whole lot." Minerva raised an eyebrow, she heard the irritation in her voice, the loathing tone she spoke with, "You're angry."

It wasn't a question. Anna was angry. Colin, wasn't her favorite student, and she wasn't going to pretend he was, but these kids were special to her. Someone couldn't just waltz in and do something like this. It didn't bother her when it was Filch's cat. The thing was old, anyways. She was pretty sure he had first gotten Mrs. Norris as a kitten when she was in first year.

Anna sighed, "Minnie...I've had to deal with people making fun of me and my sister and treating us like second class citizens ever since I came here in first year. Sure, most people didn't think that, but the kids who did, the bullies, they didn't go away, nor did they grow up and mature and become better people. They just sought out power and became stronger. I had my friends to help deal with them when I was in school, but who is going to protect these kids now. This time, apparently, they aren't pushing people down and calling them names and pulling nasty tricks. Now, it's unforgivable curses and petrification."

McGonagall paused for a moment before speaking, "It's possible it isn't a person who is doing it. A creature maybe?" Anna shook her head, "A creature that can write on walls and can identify a person by blood status? If it's a creature, it has to have help. But it has to also be in the castle. You can't apparate at Hogwarts. Whatever it is, it's on school grounds, waiting, watching."

Anna picked up her tea and took a sip, pausing to look at the other professor. Her eyes softened, "So you found him? That had to be scary." Minerva's eyes fell to the floor, "I thought he was dead, when I first saw him." She whispered. Anna reached over and took the older woman's hand, "Don't worry, Minnie. He will be fine. Severus will finish the antidote as soon as he can get the ingredients and we will find a way to stop this from happening." Minerva smiled slightly, "You are still the same old Anna. So caring, so smart, and always right." Anna returned the smile warmly and the two teachers finished their tea in comfortable silence.

-Two Days Later-

You could feel the fear radiating from the students. The tension was unbearable and everyone either seemed eager to gossip about the incident or determined to avoid the topic all together. Others, looked scared out of their wits. Ginny Weasley was one of those people. Anna didn't really know why she was so frightened, she was a pure blood after all. Perhaps, she was just frightened for her friends. Either way, the professor wasn't just going to ignore her when she saw the girl curled up in the Gryffindor common room early that morning, looking rather upset.