Rumors

AN: YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! I've been getting so many sweet comments! I wish I could dedicate this to everyone! Bad news...the transcript I was using to help write this was deleted for copyright. Which is fair, but now I have to buy the book. This chapter was originally intended to be much longer. I am sorry for the inconvenience and I assure you that I will not stop writing.

Harry looked at his Aunt curiously as they made their way up to the teacher's wing of the castle, where all of the Professor's dorms were. Similarly to the entrances to the four houses, each room had a painting guarding the door with a password. This was a precaution that was put into action after students started sneaking in to steal test answers and pull pranks. She sighed happily at the memory. She had a truly terrible Herbology teacher one year. He hated Anna, so the Marauders visited his dorm often, leaving little 'surprises' for their beloved Professor. He quit before they even got halfway through the school year. To this day, Anna considers it one of the Marauder's greatest accomplishments.

Teachers got to choose their paintings if they wanted to. Most didn't care too much what it was. Lockhart had chosen a picture of himself, of course. Anna had chosen hers with much more thought.

It was a portrait of two deers, a buck and a doe. The buck was sturdy and stood proudly, but mischief twinkled in it's eyes. The doe looked gentle, but not fragile or weak, and her eyes were kind. They looked like peaceful guardians to Anna. She placed her hand gentle, but firmly on the painting and whispered, "Avalon." She knew it wasn't very creative, using the name of her owl as her password, but she didn't know what else to use.

The corners of Harry's lips turned upwards into a hesitant smile as the buck bowed and the portrait gave way beneath Anna's hand. They walked in and the door closed by itself, with a soft click. Teachers were obviously given more luxuries than the students, though Harry didn't really mind. He figured most of them deserved it.

There were two comfy, red recliners that were separated only by a small oak coffee table with a tea set and a book with a ribbon bookmark inside. Anna grinned at her nephew, "You like the room? I've made a few changes. Go ahead and sit. I just need to get the tea. It helps me relax and think. You don't have to have any, but I've got biscuits!" The Gryffindor nodded, "Thanks."

She disappeared, taking the tray with the tea set with her and returned quickly with the tea. Harry lifted his teacup, inspecting it and noted in amusement that they had were Gryffindor themed. They were scarlet with gold trim and the classic lion symbol on them. She poured the tea and he added milk and sugar. As he sipped he couldn't help it let his mind wander to all the times he had to fetch tea for the dreaded Dursleys.

His smiled dimmed, knowing he would have to go back.

Anna cleared her throat, setting down her cup and beginning her speech, "People are irrational and complicated. They seem to forget all of the good things about you as soon as something that is considered bad is revealed. And what's worse, they assume. They assume that because muggleborns aren't born from magical folk, they are weaker. They assume that just because you are in a certain house, you think or act a certain way. This is, of course, not exactly true. I've seen cowardly Gryffindors, kind Slytherins, foolish Ravenclaws, and traitorous Hufflepuffs."

She took a second to sip her tea before continuing, "I want you to know that Parseltongue, does not make you evil. It does not control your actions or define you in anyway. It is simply a skill and it may even save your life one day." She winked and he smiled a little but it vanished as soon as it appeared and his eyes fells to his hands, "But what if I am related to Salzar-" She cut him off bluntly, "Harry, I don't care if you are related to the Dark Lord, himself. You are also related to me and I know you aren't a killer or anything of the sort. You have not given me any reason to believe otherwise."