Bravery Can Be Dangerous

AN: I hope this will make up for my lack of updating! Tell me what you think in the comments! Don't forget to vote!

Anna breathed in deeply, her eyes shut, "Ah, nothing like the smell of freshly cut grass on a quiditch field in the morning, right Oliver?" Oliver Wood smiled, oozing with confidence, "You bet! I can't wait for today's match! We'll show the Slytherin's that we don't need Malfoy's father!" She patted his back, "I like your enthusiasm, Wood!"

Today, the Professor sported her own brand of an evil smirk. Quidditch was something her and Severus always got competitive over. The Slytherin didn't play the sport himself, but that didn't stop him from relishing in every Slytherin victory and Gryffindor defeat. The potion's master had a habit of betting too and this year he placed a bet with Anna. It was nothing that would make either teacher broke, but it was enough money to make the friends determined to win. So, she had made sure to show up at their last practice.

"So," Anna said, "Where are your players?" As if on cue, mischievous laughter was hear and before Anna and Oliver could turn around, two brooms zoomed over their heads, effectively ruining Anna's hair. "Oi! Watch the hair!" She smiled as she heard Fred and George chuckling, "Our Apologies, your majesty." They did a grand bow and flew back down as the rest of the players began to enter the field.

After an hour of practice, Anna went to the kitchens and got food from the house elves, who were always happy to help. After they had eaten, Oliver kept his team for another half hour of practice and Anna decided to call it quits and go back inside, only to be stopped by Gilderoy Lockhart.

*TIME SKIP*

Later, Snape saw his friend walking through the halls struggling with a load of books, a sight he had often seen in their school days, and fell into step beside her, "Really Anna? I thought you got over your studying habits when school ended. Let me carry some." She smiled with relief and let her friend take a few before making a face, "Trust me, Sev. I'm not planning to read a single word of these books. They're Lockhart's, he's making me bring them all to the library because he realized that they don't offer them to check out." Snape rolled his eyes and took the rest of the books out of Anna's hands, "Well, in that case..." He dumped them all into a trash bin that they happened to be passing and she grinned, "Have I ever told you you're awesome?" He smirked, "Well it doesn't hurt to hear it twice." She snickered and punched his shoulder, "Shut up. So, ready to watch your house get annihilated by the Gryffindors?"

The potions master shook his head, "Those dunderheads are no match for the cunning of the Slytherins. Haven't you ever heard of brains over brawns?" Anna laughed and elbowed him lightly in the ribs, "Gryffindor is the house of the brave, not the house of the dumb." He shrugged, "Bravery can be dangerous. Fear is a survival instinct, I wouldn't call the ability to ignore that instinct a good thing. It could get you killed." The Slytherin looked at his watch, "You better go get ready, I know you love to dress up for these kinds of things." She nodded her thanks and bid him goodbye as she made her way to her rooms to get ready.

*TIME SKIP (Quidditch field)*

Anna now sported her Gryffindor robes, her Gryffindor hat, her foam lion paw, and her Gryffindor scarf as she made her way down to the teacher's section of the stadium. Of course, she sat between Severus and Minnie. Those two were ten times more competitive than she and Severus were. She looked to the corner of the section they sat in, she had put in an old leftover broom to make sure that if anything happened, she could get down to the field as soon as humanly possible. Quidditch was, by no means, the safest sport, but that's what made it so fun.

The voice of the announcer came on and she watched intently. The Gryffindors came out and were met by a mix of boos and cheers. Madam hooch ordered for the captains of each team to shake hands. As usual, the enemy captains sent threatening stares and gripped the others hand with more force than needed, but Flint looked a little put off and confused by the knowing gleam in Wood's eye. The Slytherin captain had no idea that Anna had taught them new moves.

The whistle sounded, the ball went in the air and Flint zoomed to get the first hit on the quaffle but the ball was hit away by the back of Wood's broom and the Slytherin cursed. Anna's attention, however, remained fixed on Harry as he searched for the snitch. Draco yelled something at the boy-who-lived but the Gryffindor had no time to acknowledge this when the Bludger, which had followed Harry the minute it was launched into the air. The surprised Gryffindor quickly dodged it and George, who was a beater alongside his brother, shouted to Harry, "Close one, Harry!" The Weasley streaked past the seeker and deflected the lethal ball away from Harry with a powerful whack....only for it to circle back round, ready to clobber Harry again. Once again, it was hit by George but it acted as a boomerang and went after Harry again.

Anna stiffened in her seat. Something was wrong. Bludgers never fixated themselves onto one person. Her hands were fists. If this was some snake's idea of a prank, she would be none too forgiving. Harry could be killed by something like this. Minerva noticed the younger woman's worried look and rising anger and put a comforting hand on her shoulder, "Don't you worry dear. Harry is fast like James and smart like you and your sister." Anna sighed in relief as they called time out. When Oliver made his way over they begand arguing. So grabbed the broom from the corner, not caring that everyone's eyes were on her as she rocketed down to the ground. She enveloped Harry in a hug.

She turned to Oliver, "What's have you guys decided?" Oliver's eyes met with a smirking Flint and grimaced, "We're continuing the match. Harry wants to and this is the only way we'll win." She glared, but before she could do anything, Wood signaled that they would resume the match and every one flew up. Anna stayed down on the quiditch bench. She was seething, but there was nothing she could do. At least the rest of the team seemed angry with Oliver as well.

Draco actually had the nerve to taunt Harry and throw him off his game. Anna was so furious, her face matched the red in her robes and everyone was sure that her hair would actually burst into flames. She was shaking, biting her nails, and she looked like a nervous wreck. The witch tried to convince herself everything would be fine and she almost believed it. She couldn't have predicted what happened next.

Anna got to her feet when she saw her nephew aim his broom right at Malfoy, before leaping off his broom and catching the snitch. Anna cried out desperately with tears in her eyes and got on her broom. She heard Sev bellow her name as she felt Harry land on top of her with an incredible amount of force, effectively breaking his fall. She heard screams and shouting and commotion. George was shouting at Oliver, "'Get the Snitch or die trying,' what a stupid thing to tell him!" She heard a familiar voice trying to keep her awake, but dismissed it. She was exhausted and in pain and her eyes were drooping. The last thing she saw was a blurry face leaning over her before everything went black.