two - reality

❀ ❀ ❀

EVERY TIME THAT HE would wake up he was hit with the reality that she was actually gone. He would wake up to kiss her, and she wasn't there.

He thought he had awoken from a terrible nightmare and that everything would be alright because it was all a nightmare. But that nightmare was actually his reality, she was actually gone- and that reality was his life.

Álvaro didn't have her by his side anymore, he didn't have her, or the kisses, or the hugs, or even the love she always gave him. He wished that he was able to wake up and go back to normal; but it never happened.

He wished hundreds of times, that he could go back in time and change things, but it was too late for that. Because you couldn't just change something that's was already done, no matter how much you wish you could, it doesn't happen like that.

Viviana wasn't there anymore to congratulate him for scoring, or winning a match. She wasn't there to kiss him goodbye, when he was off to far places for matches. She wasn't there to make him happy, when he felt down or when he needed her help.

Neither was she there to love him.

How could he ever be happy when the source of his happiness was gone? And she would never return because he knew she had probably already found happiness in another place.

Sometimes, he liked to believe that she would one day return to his arms, and that he would feel the warmth of her body. That he would be able to kiss her again- to kiss the lips he craved and ached for. To kiss the lips that always seemed to feel like home to him. Álvaro didn't want to believe that she wouldn't return, he was denial and he refused to face his reality.

He was in denial because it just hurt him too much to believe it was true. The reality that she would possibly never be coming back.

❀ ❀ ❀

he missed her kisses, hugs, but most importantly he missed her. the reality that wasn't there, and that she would never return.