four - an empty heart

❀ ❀ ❀

NACHO, DANI AND LUCAS had decided to visit Álvaro- just to check on him because they were worried about him, and because they were tired of seeing him so down and upset.

Álvaro barely even talked to them, or anyone during practice or games- and it worried them, a lot.

The four Spaniards sat in Álvaro's living room, staring at the man with the messy chocolate-brown hair and the beautiful light-brown eyes that belonged to him, but the beauty of his eyes was unnoticed because all anyone could focus on was how bloodshot his eyes were.

All of them still sat in silence, none of them dared to be the first one to speak a word to him, afraid that he would get angry and he would flip out on them.

"So how are-"

"Are you seriously starting with the 'how are you' bullshit? Take a guess, do you really think I'm fine? Do I look alright to you?" The taller Spaniard asked harshly, with a humorless laugh leaving his lips.

All of them remind quiet, eyeing the mess that Álvaro Morata was- it was an uncomfortable and intense silence, which they all absolutely hated. Dani bit the inside of his cheek, as he met the cold glare of his friend. So different from how full of life his eyes used to be. Nacho coughed, looking at Lucas who fiddled with his fingers, who thought it was best to not say a word. All of them were nervous to say a word, because they knew no good reaction would come from him.

This definitely wasn't the joyful and very, very energetic Álvaro that everyone knew. The guy who would laugh at just about anything, and could easily make anyone smile- no matter how terrible you were feeling. The Álvaro that would laugh about one of their teammates tripping was nowhere close to the man that Nacho, Dani and Lucas had right in front of them.

But what would you expect from a guy, who felt alone and empty? When Viviana left him, he felt like a big part of his heart was taken with her. He felt so empty, and no one could fill that empty spot in his heart, no matter how hard someone could try.

"Look we're not here to force you to be happy again, because we just can't do that," Nacho sighed, looking at the dull and lifeless Álvaro Morata that sat in front of him. "But we're worried about you, we don't want to see you like this anymore."

"And what do you expect from this talk? For me to transform into a whole different person? To become the happy Álvaro everyone wants to see?" He asked. "I promise you, that I don't like this either, but I can't do anything about how I feel," Álvaro mumbled, looking up at the three Spaniards staring at him with faces filled with guilt.

Álvaro just couldn't be himself without her, it was as if his heart and soul was attached to hers. Viviana meant so much to him, in fact she meant that absolute world to him. Everything always seemed to go right when he was with her- she was like a good luck charm to him- but when she wasn't, it was as if all that he could cause was destruction.

"I'm not fine, and I probably will never be. So please stop expecting for me to be happy. I won't be happy tomorrow, or in a week, or in a month, maybe not even in years, and maybe not never."

It was hard to stay optimistic, because he felt that everything would bring him down. He didn't believe he would be happy any time soon, and he couldn't see him happy without her with him.

"Álvaro, don't say that," Lucas told him.

"Why can't I? You know that it's the truth anyways," Álvaro answered, he simply felt empty- he had been feeling that for some time now, now that Viviana there for him anymore.

❀ ❀ ❀

he felt empty, his heart was
empty. and no one was there
to fill the empty spot in his
heart.