03

"Do I really need to go?" Nate complained as his mother was making him breakfast. "Yes, Nathaniel. You're going to school. You're not giving up your studies just because. You're going to go there and act like a normal teenager," Victoria Argent said.

Nate scoffed. He was nothing like a normal teenager. He was a hunter, a supernatural one and he never had the social skills to go to a high school, thanks to his homeschooling. But when his mother made her mind about something, it was final.

"Okay fine. How do you manage to convince the principal into letting me in, anyways?" Victoria tensed at the question but shrugged it off before continuing, "It took a while but he accepted. It's not really important. Now go, you need to get there so you can complete the registration."

Nate groaned but complied, taking his new backpack and made his way to his car. He quickly got back out and entered the house, taking a piece of toast and an apple before kissing his mom's cheek and walking back to his car.

He drove to the high school, parked his car and exited the vehicle, a scowl present on his face. This was not the way Nate Argent wanted to spend his stay at Beacon Hills. He wanted to train and hunt but it was not possible.

He entered the building and looked for the office. The lady sitting in the front desk shoot her eyes up to him before taking the form from one of her drawers and handing it to him. He took it reluctantly and sat down, completing everything that needed to be done. The woman handed him his schedule and locker number wishing him a good day. The raven haired boy stared at her with a straight face and left the office.

He sauntered down the halls of Beacon Hills High School for the first time and all attention was set on him. He received threatening looks from the boys and heart eyes from the girls but Nate didn't pay attention to any of them, he just continued his path.

"Who's tall, dark and handsome over there?" Lydia Martin asked her best friend, Allison Argent. The brunette directed her attention to where Lydia was pointing and noticed it was indeed her brother.

"Uh... New student, I presume. It's the first time I'm seeing him here," she answered, slightly nervous. She didn't want Lydia to piece the puzzle together. "He looks so familiar like I've seen him before."

Lydia focused on the young man walking by the hallway and then turned to Allison. She squinted her eyes, analyzing her physique before snapping her fingers. "That's the brother you were talking about, right? Your family does have good genes."

Allison smiled and blushed a little. She turned her head towards her brother and saw him by his locker, entering the combination and putting books away harshly. Allison instantly knew he didn't want to be here.

"Uh... excuse me for a minute." She left Lydia's side and stood beside Nate. "Hey."

Nate groaned and was ready to snap at the nosy person but stopped himself when he saw Allison there. "Hi."

"You look tense. What's wrong?" Allison asked. Nate huffed in annoyance. "Everything's wrong. I'm not supposed to be here, this is ridiculous. Going to school is ridiculous and it's ridiculous sending looks to people you don't know," Nate said, raising his voice at the end.

Most students froze and quickly turned away from the fuming raven haired boy. Right then and there, the student body knew not to mess with the intimidating new guy. His hazel eyes roamed the hallway and noticed another pair of hazel eyes looking at him.

Nate studied the woman, long strawberry blonde hair, big hazel eyes, pink lips and medium height. She had an almost flirty smile on her puckered lips, making Nate raised an eyebrow at her. Despite everything, he couldn't deny that the girl was pretty.

"Nate, calm down. I know you hate this but you're just a boy, you need this," Allison said, placing her hand on his bicep. "I don't need this. I already have my future planned, Allison. You may like the whole high school experience but I really don't." He slammed his locker door shut, startling Allison, who jumped at the sudden sound.

Nate face her completely and lowered his voice so only she could hear what he was going to say, just in case there were some snooping ears nearby. "Just go on with your day and don't bother me. And tell your friends and everyone to don't talk to me, I hate kids."

Allison's mouth opened, not believing her ears. Allison didn't want to believe that her brother changed, that he still was the same innocent boy she knew ten years ago, but this, this was a new level of change that she's never seen before. Allison always admired her twin, his ability fend for himself but still being humble. She guessed that being with Gerard and training to be a very skilled hunter were the reasons for this change.

And to be honest, she didn't like it.

•••

"Mr. Argent, you're needed in the principal's office," Mr. Harris told the raven haired boy after he received a note from the assistant. Nate furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, not understanding what he did to deserve that, it was his first day of school, he couldn't have done anything wrong yet. Professor Harris nodded at him, silently allowing the Argent boy permission to leave the room, even when he didn't like it.

"Oh, before you go. I want the work done by tomorrow." Nate nodded and exited the classroom, making his way through the hallways and to the office, still remembering the way there. After receiving confirmation from the lady at the front desk, Nate entered. He stopped in his track, surprise to find the last person he expected seated there.

"Grandpa?"

Gerard looked up from his papers and smiled. "Nathaniel, take a seat please."

Nate complied and plopped on the chair and waited for an explanation as to why and how was he the new principal, or even some instructions for the next mission. "You didn't do anything wrong. I called you here because I have a task for you."

Nate smirked. Finally something interesting to do around here. He sat up straight and waited. "I need you to keep a close eye on Allison and Scott McCall."

The smiled fell from his face as he heard the words escape Gerard's mouth. "Excuse me?"

"You need to keep a close eye on Allison and Scott McCall, you know I don't like repeating myself." Nate frowned. This was not what he had in mind, this was boring and pointless.

"Why do I need to do this?" Gerard looked out from the papers in front of him and sighed. "Because he's your sister's ex-boyfriend and we, as a family, don't want him to be near Allison. So you'll do that." Nathaniel nodded and stood up.

"Before you go, once we're home, you'll receive instructions for your next mission." That did put a smile on his face.