07

Nate Argent was walking through the halls of Beacon Hills High School when he saw Jackson Whittemore harassing Lydia Martin. The raven haired boy furrowed his eyebrows and stormed to them. "You ruined everything!" Jackson screamed.

"What is your problem?!" Jackson turned around and saw Nate standing there and sent him a threatening look. "None of your business, Argent." Nate breathe deeply before approaching him. "It's my business when you're yelling at my sister's best friend. That's not a way to treat a woman, you asshole," Nate responded. "You don't know anything, so get out of the way," Jackson said before storming away. Nate's gaze left Jackson's retreating figure and turned to a whimpering Lydia Martin. "Are you okay, Lydia?"

The strawberry blonde didn't answer as she slipped past him and disappeared into the girls' bathroom. Nate sighed, being unable to do more, and left the place and hurrying to the cafeteria for lunch.

After getting his lunch, Nate sat at a table as far away from people as possible, everyone knowing to not bother the Argent kid. The student body learned that Nathaniel Argent was a very closed off boy and he didn't like people that much, especially teenagers even though he was one himself.

Nate was always socially awkward and never knew how to start conversation, the young boy managing to always keep to himself and family. Even when he was little and started training, Gerard had a hard time talking to his grandson but as time passed and his training progressed, Gerard finally cracked him.

Nate was glad everyone at school knew to leave him alone. He didn't mind not having friends there, with the life he lived it was for the best. He was silently eating his food and analyzing everything around him when something seemed off and as he followed everyone's eyes to the door, he saw why.

Everything seemed to go in slow motion as Erica Reyes entered the room sporting a short leather skirt with a white top and a leather jacket, high heels finishing the look. The girl looked like a completely different person than she was at gym class. Nate saw how she took an apple and bit it, looking flirtingly at the students. She left and Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski hurried after her.

The Argent could recognize that transformation from anywhere. The bite. The Alpha in town was busy, turning teenagers into werewolves and building his own pack.

•••

The next morning, the Argents decided that Nate was going with them to the Hale house, resulting on missing school. The young hunter didn't mind that at all, he hated school and everyone in there so that's not an inconvenience for him.

"Derek. I know you can hear me. You owe me an explanation. I wanna know why it-why it didn't work." Jackson Whittemore's voice boomed through the house.

The raven haired boy rolled his eyes at the voice, annoyed by his presence even when he's not staring at him. Jackson's figure came barreling through the door, two guns pointed at him, while Nate adjust his target on his chest.

"Holy..."

Jackson's green eyes made eye contact with Nate's hazel ones and he frowned, slightly panicked by all the weapons aimed at him. Does a classmate seriously has an arrow pointed at him?

"Wait," Chris said from the other room, catching everyone's attention. The two hunters put away their guns, Nate disarming his bow and putting his arrow back in its quiver. "What happened to him?" Jackson asked as he saw a bloody body on the table. "That's a good question. I got one for you. What are you doing here, Jackson?"

The Whittmore boy stammered over his words, not knowing what to say. "Umm. Nothing, I was- I was- I was just-nothing, I-" The boy went to walk to the dead body but Chris turned him around, guiding him to the door. "Jackson, I hope you're not still pursuing something that you shouldn't be. Because I don't want to be forced to pursue you. Stay out of this," Chris told him. "You've got so much good in life. You're smart, good-looking, you're captain of the lacrosse team."

"Co-captain," Jackson said through his teeth. "Sucks to be you, Whittemore," Nate commented. Chris gave a small push to Jackson's back, the boy stumbling out of the door and leaving. "Why do you make those types of comments, Nathaniel?" Chris turned around after closing the door and facing his son. "He's an asshole dad, I don't like him."

"I was having a serious conversation with the kid, Nate. Why must you interrupt me?" Chris asked. The raven haired boy sighed, bowing his head. "I'm sorry, dad."

"Go to school. Get your homework and go back to the house. That's an order." Nate started to exit the house but his father stopped him once again. "Tonight we have something to do so your homework and chores better be done by then."

Nate entered his car and started driving back to civilization. All the way there he was in deep thought. Is this really what they were supposed to do? Hunt everyone? They have a code they should always follow, the Argent's being doing it for centuries.

"Hunt those who hunt us," Nate whispered to himself as he parked the car. After talking to all his teachers and going to his locker, the Argent boy turned around only to be stopped by his twin.

"Nice of you to show up today, Nate," Allison said. Nate pushed past her and continued his way out. "Why do you always do that?" Nate stopped in his tracks and faced her. "Do what, Allison?" He asked her, his nose flaring. "Ignore me when I talk to you in school? I'm your sister, everyone knows that."

"I don't ignore you, I just choose to not talk to anyone while in this hell hole," Nate answered. He went to continue but Allison stepped in front of him. Nate rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Just listen. Thank you for what you did for Lydia yesterday."

"I don't like Jackson Whittemore and she's your friend," Nate said, dismissing the thought completely. "Still, it was a cool thing to do." Allison smiled at him in appreciation. Her brother was a difficult person to talk to and she realized that just hours after he got home.

But that didn't mean she wasn't trying. She missed him a lot when they were younger and now that they're young adults, Allison didn't need him but wanted to reconnect again with him, even though Nate made it completely clear he was in Beacon Hills for his mission.

"Hey, Allison. It's my turn to be the one asking questions," he said, interrupting her thoughts. "Uh, yeah, what's up?"

"Are you and Scott McCall still friends?" Nate asked. Allison visibly paled and Nate smirked. "No, we broke up. There's nothing going on between us," Allison answered quickly. Nate raised an eyebrow at her, not really believing her words.

"Really? 'Cause yesterday I heard him and the Stilinski kid talking about going out last night. And guess what you did. You went out with Lydia. Coincidence?" Allison gulped. Busted, she thought.

"I was studying with Lydia. I don't know what Stiles and Scott were talking about," she defended. Nate squinted his eyes at her, not satisfied with her answer but decided to let it slide this time, only this time.

"I got to go. See you at the house." Nate walked past her and to his car, driving away. Inside Beacon Hills High School building, a frowning Allison Argent was left. Why can't he call it home?