Chapter 15. Convincing

"STOP!"

I leap at Luke, arms outstretched.

I wrap my arms around his head, pulling him close, protecting him.

"Luna, get out of the way." Alpha Greg used his Alpha voice.

"No. I won't let you do this."

My father stepped up and looked at me.
"Luna, stop this. He's a Black Thorn. He's evil. He killed Graydon. You have no reason to protect him."

"But I do. He's my mate."

A hush befell the crowd.

"You're-what?" My father sputtered.

"Mm hm. And I'm pregnant with his baby." I state boldly.

This time, I heard many gasps.

My fathers eyes were filled with disbelief. His eyes had the slightest trace of tears.

I look at Alpha Greg.

"Surely you know the power of the mating bond. Your mate, Rebecca." I said, strongly yet compassionately. "You remember the love you felt for her. The pain when she was murdered. You too dad."

They both winced, the pain of those memories too much for them.

Then something unexpected happened. Luke spoke up.

"Please, Sir, I know who murdered your mates."

My father and Alpha Greg looked up.

"It was my father, The Alpha of Black Thorn." He said.

If looks could kill, the look of anger on their faces would have killed us all.

"But," Luke continued, " I'm gonna be the next Alpha. I will change our ways. I will do anything in my power to make peace."

"Why won't your father have peace with us?" Alpha Greg asked aggressively.

Luke looked down.

"My father is a bloody tyrant. He wants peace about as much as you want war. It's not the pack that's evil, it's the Alpha. I thought that Blue Moon was made up of bloodthirsty sociopaths."

That earned a few growls.

"And then me and some friends snuck across the border and went to a party. Your daughters birthday party." He said, staring at my father.

"I spent the night observing these young wolves, but she caught my eye. When the exact time came of her birth, we felt the mating bond. After that night, she showed me a whole world of new ideas, new understandings. I no longer resented you, but understood you."

They all looked at him, surprised at his compassion.

"Luna changed me. My pack have been vicious and cruel to you, it's true, but when I'm Alpha I'll make peace."

They looked at him. Some with hope, some still with disdain.

Suddenly, Alpha Greg spoke.

"My people, this is our chance for peace. Luna has been blessed with the chance at love, a pup, and peace. Let us make peace."

He had one of the guards cut Luke's bonds.

Once his arms were free he immediately wrapped them around me.

He pulled me tight and I copied.

Nothing could ruin this moment.

Then we heard a low growl from the woods across the border.

----------------------------------------------

Vote and comment!!!!!!!
I love you guys but you really need to comment. Tell me what you like, what's wrong, anything!

That is all

-S