-Aftermath-

Quincy woke up screaming under a shower of cold chilling water. He shivered, his pain shooting from his stomach. There had been no ice bitter downpour, it had been his imagination inspired by the first time when he had previously gained consciousness. 

He was at the seat of a desk, awake in a tiny elfin lit room. He bit his lip, recalling where he was ever so slightly. He shuffled, about to speak when the memory of his muteness was knocked back into his mind. Instead he shook himself off the desk boards, shivering as he walked towards the door at the far end. He yawned, stretching. He had yesterday after the late night-time Midway meeting had been drawing. Funnily enough he had sketched out a portrait of his Mate October. To him he was still his Mate at least; everyone else considered the Tengu an enemy now, nevertheless Quincy still felt warm at the thought of him. Quincy could see something in his dreams, the faint outline of a destination and a boy identical to him who had since the ordeal communicated with him.

The boy called himself Rune. 

Quincy liked Rune. The two were alike but at the same time not. Funnily enough he found solace in the bloke, sure enough a sign that he was positively mad. He chuckled as he looked back. 

From the bed in the room he could still see the lingering form of Zachary sprawled across the mattress, he had before been hugging Quincy in his sleep. Quincy did not know if the Were-cat was abusing his weakness at the present or genuinely cared about him but that was not his issue. Quincy did not care for the Were-cat the way that Zachary did for him, and he was making it his duty to one day discover why the Were-cat had such emotion for him. Today was not that day though, as for a month he had been narrowly avoiding him whenever Zachary came around. The Were-cat was only there for comfort still, he did not aim to assault Quincy in such a dire time or to even dare to seduce him. 

You could never be too careful nonetheless. 

Quincy went out to the yard when he noticed that the guards did not stand foot outside of his bedroom today. In the last month he had experienced severe anxiety problems that had resulted in the village needing to assure him that he was safe. After all one can't immediately recover from something as terrifying as what his Mate did to him. 

Those had been Zachary's words. Quincy did not know if they were exactly true as sure enough it had happened but was that really his Mate's mind? During the...ordeal only at one point had October's eyes reverted back to their former blue. The blue eyed man had then proceeded to cry and seemed to vomit until his eyes once again turned red. What that had been? Quincy did not know. 

Still...it filled him with an unknown grasp of hope. He could still manage to raise his head up when he thought about it. Yes, he was relying on the wind of that solely but he couldn't help recall October's throttled expression when the man had looked at him. He felt the electricity slide through him, not in a frightened fashion nonetheless something that meant he wasn't all entirely comfortable. 

The aura of wind surrounded him nicely. That's what Quincy thought. 

He recalled hearing the news that his father was critically ill, and his mother had been kidnapped. He now understood that he was special. Even with the devastation and the war that took place as October did what he did, Quincy's remaining people looked towards him. They sought answers from him and that had given Quincy enough courage to move forward, to try and live on for his people.