My Jacket vs. My Paper

That blank white piece of paper, so bright you think you have to squint, they tell you to write down ten words to describe your life, they do this with a smile on their face not knowing this doesn't make you think of the nice words everyone expects you to write. No this perfect white piece of paper makes you think of all the words no one wants to say sorry for saying, cunt, bitch, rat, snitch, idiot, ugly, fat, hopeless, stupid, witch.

Then there is that jacket, so black if you hold it up to the night sky it would disappear, and you slip it on and think of all those words that white piece of paper was supposed to make you feel, pretty, beautiful, smart, funny, witty, amazing, loved.

I looked at the perfect white paper I was supposed to use to describe my life, then I looked at the black  jacket, the one with the rip in the sleeve and a stan in the left pocket from when I left my open pin in there and I realized I'm not my stained ripped black jacket or my perfect white paper I'm my tan, pink, orange, purple, caramel, midnight, red, blue, yellow, and grey pens that I use to decorate everything.

"If you live in black and white you are not living you are merely surviving."