One

My dearest,

It has been a fortnight since I have seen your face, and my body, my soul, it aches to see you again, to hear you, to taste your sweet lips. Every moment we are apart my heart falls deeper into a despair that only you can pull it forth.

Do meet me tonight where the rose bushes meet the fountain when the sun kisses the sky goodnight. I will wait for you.

Your beloved,

Edward.

My hands shook with anticipation as I read the note in my hands over, and over again. When Tsar had handed me the sealed letter in my chambers I had not expected it to be a letter from Edward.

As he had said in his letter, we had not seen one another in a fortnight. Two whole weeks we had been apart. He had training, I had my duties.

I looked outside the window, the sky had become a mixture of light pinks and blues, telling me that it would be dark within the next ten minutes or even less. Which also told me with Edward had planned for me to scramble, or Tsar had given me the note late.

Which I wouldn't put past my "squire". He refuses to be called by anything else. He could be quite the pain in the backside when he wished to be.

Quickly I half haphazardly fastened my open tunic and threw on the robe I had been wearing earlier in the day. The blue tunic went well with the brown robe that had gone with the outfit I was wearing this morning for tea with my father.

Not being one for fashion I huffed and made my way out of my chambers and followed the back staircase into my mother's garden, where I nearly ran — it was more of an ugly sprint to the place I was to meet Edward.

My mother's garden was lavish, high green hedges made a maze around the yard with a cobblestone pathway to follow. Every so often you would run into a clearing that had cement benches and flowers dressing around it. But the best part of the garden was the center.

Making my way there I was disappointed to find I had gotten there before Edward. But it gave me a moment to embrace my favourite spot.

The large water fountain spits water into the air and it landed into the round pool that held a mixture of large goldfish and koi fish that were tended to almost every day by the gardener. The center was shaped into a circle. Unlike the clearing that was shaped into squares. Rose bushes bloomed with beautiful pink, white and red flowers as hummingbirds and butterflies danced the music that we couldn't hear.

The hedges parted in three spaces. And in each section, before an exit was a bench. Each bench was marked with an initial. C. Of Dallington. O. Of Dallington and I. Of Trinbent.

I was busy in my thoughts of the garden that when I felt a tap on my shoulder I yelped like a young child and jumped to see the face I had grown to love.

Though at that moment the face was laughing and I felt nothing but great displeasure for it.

"You- You sounded like a child who just seen Mr. Cobblestone in an ally at night after a pint to many." Edward laughed, his head tipping forward, his black hair falling down into his face with it. Though Edward didn't have long hair, his bangs tented to grown out fasting then the rest of his hair leaving his blue eyes hidden until his step-sister took the clippers to it. Which I hope she planned to do soon.