Chapter 11

The rest of the night was...interesting. Josh, Honor, Logan, and Rory were content to watch it all from the sidelines, the men trying to keep their pregnant women as comfortable as possible.

Rosemary and Juliet had found a couple of men to talk to. They had been with them for awhile already.

Colin was hitting on some woman at the bar very heavily and trying to keep from looking at Stephanie.

Stephanie was hanging on to Robert's every word, and he just looked confused by it. She was definitely trying to make Colin jealous.

Finn had found a woman that he was trying to stay interested in, but it was obvious that his mind was somewhere else...with a certain redhead if one had to guess.

Honor stood up. "Well kids, I think I'm gonna take Josh home. He's so tired lately...and whiney and emotional. I just don't know what's wrong with him," she said with a smirk. Then she hugged both Logan and Rory and walked out, hand in hand, with her husband.

Logan looked over at Rory, who was watching her friends and quite amused. "What are you smiling about? Besides Rosemary and Juliet...and Robert, I guess, they're all a mess..." he asked her.

"Yes, but it's nice to see that they aren't worrying about me. I have felt inordinate amounts of love from all of them over the months, but I hate that they worried so much." Rory explained, "yes, they are a mess, but at least now they are worrying about themselves."

Logan looked at his friends and, again, couldn't be more thankful for them.  "Ok, so get me caught up.  Thanks to you and Finn and the box, I know all things baby, but what about everything else?"

"Where do I start?"

"You, how's work?  I'm never going to get used to you working for one of the company holdings...well, sort of.  You live with Finn, Dad is buying you an apartment...I feel like hell has frozen over."

"Well when you put it like that," Rory said with a smile, "it does sound crazy.  Work is amazing, I have worked on a lot of their publications now. I'm not sure which is my favorite, but it's almost like working freelance with job security. Your dad hasn't been around that much, but I did almost say 'what the fuck' when I walked into that interview and he was there. At first, my boss helped to make sure he wouldn't see me when I started showing. When I went to tell them about the baby, your mom was amazing. She actually reassured me that they would find you. When I told her I wanted you back with me and not just the baby, she was fine with that too. And the apartment...it's the last thing I would've accepted before, but with the baby...it doesn't feel like charity. It's weird, but it feels like they are taking care of the baby, and I'm ok with that."

"Hey, I didn't mean anything bad by that," Logan said as he looked her in the eyes. "I'm proud of the way you have handled everything. I'm glad you didn't just hide out at your mom's and ignore everyone. You've accepted help, because you are about to have a baby and I am the idiot that wasn't here to help-"

"Stop, let's make a pact. Yes, you were gone, but there are so many things that we could blame each other for. I could have gone to your parents right away, or I could've hid at my mom's, among other things. I didn't, I accepted the help that was given to me without sacrificing myself. I got a great job and moved in with Finn...I mean, who would have thought that could be as great as it has been? You didn't miss anything that we can't get back. We start, right here, right now, and we move forward. No more missing out. I set that deadline because I knew I couldn't live with myself if you missed the birth. The pregnancy is one thing, hopefully there will be more," she said with a wink, "but you are here now when I am going to need you the most."

Logan thought it over...she was right, he wouldn't miss any more. It was time to look forward. He nodded, "ok, we start right here, right now. Now that that's sorted, catch me up on those idiots out there..."

Rory chuckled, "well, you might be sad you missed all of this. Let's start with Finn. He did not hesitate when I got the job." She looked at him and he could see the tears in her eyes, she shook her head, "these aren't because you weren't here. I never really thought of them as my friends too, but when I told him I was pregnant, then that I was moving, he never once had to think about it. I am beyond thankful for all of them, but especially Finn. I should have known something was going on at work," she chuckled. "He has no time otherwise...who is she?"

"His dad's secretary."

"Oh Finn, he won't fire him too, will he?"

Logan shook his head, "no. He should have known better than to hire a young, pretty thing anyway."

"And you think there are feelings there?"

"He went all starry eyed. Said he was going to miss her."

"Well hell, you know we're going to have to pick up the pieces right?"

Logan nodded and chuckled, "you picked an apartment on the same floor as him...it was bound to happen."

"So, Colin...I didn't notice right away, but he has been checking out women less and less. Then Stephanie gets broody the few times that he does. I can't say for sure, but I think it started not long after she moved back."

"Well, can't say I'm surprised..."

"No," Rory agreed, "there was a spark in college before she left." Stephanie's parents decided to move her senior year, so she went with them and finished in Paris. She actually stayed there until right before Rory graduated.

"So, what's this? Poor Robert is the outlet again?"

Rory slapped at Logan, "now stop it! I told you I went with Robert to the Tarantino party because he asked and he was nice."

"And I still don't believe you," Logan chuckled. That was when he started to come to terms with the fact that he had deep feelings for Rory. Seeing her there with Robert had been like a sucker punch to the gut that just kept coming.

"I guess we go back to disagreeing," she said with a smile. She had been hoping to make Logan jealous that night, but she wouldn't have gone with Robert if he had been a jerk either.

"I guess we do. What about the others? Still happily playing the field?"

Rory nodded, "Rosemary and Juliet both had boyfriends for a couple months, but no potential so they dropped them. They seem to be happier like this for now. They are extremely excited to be aunts."

"Good. What about the others? Your mom, Paris, Lane, Richard and Emily?"

"Well we've all been so focused on finding you that there wasn't time between that and work. I think that was their purpose actually...to distract me. They were all surprised, but happy after we talked it out. Richard and Emily already knew you were MIA. Basically I told them all that I wanted to find you and be together. I had to do some explaining about how I came to that realization, but when they understood that I do want it for the right reasons...they wanted it for me too."

Logan sat and took it all in. "I'm sorry you had to tell Mom and Dad alone. That's one of my biggest regrets."

Rory shook her head, "I was nervous. Honor and Finn came. Since Honor was there, they could tell I was further along than her...they put it together right away. I was shocked that they took it so well."

"Babies make people do funny things...I always suspected that they would be much better as grandparents." Logan was silent for awhile. They were still happy with comfortable silences. He had always thought that was one of those little bonuses of finding the right person...finding someone you didn't have to talk to but just be with.

"Logan?" He noticed she was a bit nervous and wondered why. "Can we go home?"

"Absolutely," he kissed her then got up so they could say their goodbyes.