Chapter 24

The next forty-eight hours that they spent in the hospital held a flurry of visitors and nurses and the doctor in and out. Their friends and family tried to stagger their visits so they weren't overwhelmed, but it probably wasn't possible to keep that from happening.

Logan and Rory were so wrapped up in their little bundle of joy that it hadn't sunk in just how tired they were. Once they got home and it was quiet, for a little while, Logan got a sore and tired Rory situated on the couch and baby Tori in the bassinet next to her.

Finn was dying to come over, but Logan told him he could only come over if he waited a couple hours until suppertime and brought food.

What he hadn't mentioned was that he was bringing the cavalry with him. Right behind Finn, shuffled in Colin, Robert, Stephanie, Rosemary, and Juliet.

Rory knew Logan was trying to keep it low key for her sake, but she really didn't mind. It was nice to see everyone and listen to them dote on the baby. She was fairly certain that it would slow down soon, and then she would miss it.

The next couple weeks went just as she suspected. The company got slower. The grandparents split up the weekends and their friends checked in once or twice a week. The one constant though, especially after Logan had to go back to work the second week, was Finn. Rory had assumed this would happen when she decided on the apartment. He brought lunch for them every day and held Tori while she took her shower.

They hadn't given much thought to what they would do for Christmas, but one morning Lorelai had called and asked if the families could just come and impose on them, instead of them trying to travel and figure out which places to go.  She reassured her that she would take care of everything from the apartment cleaning to decorating.  And, boy did she!  Lorelai had always been a force to be reckoned with and this time was no different.

She had been in and out all week, decorating and dropping off presents.  When Christmas Day came, first came the family and then came the friends later.  It was a beautiful day, filled with love and giving. 

Logan and Rory snuggled up next to the fire that night after everyone left and reflected on all of the things they had been blessed with that year.  Through all of the ups and downs, they had come out stronger and happier at the end. 

What they hadn't anticipated was how quickly the next year would fly by.  Tori blew through all of her firsts with flying colors. 

Before they knew it, it was time for the rehearsal dinner.  Tori would spend tonight and the next week at Luke and Lorelai's house while Logan and Rory went on their honeymoon.

Everything went smoothly at the rehearsal dinner and the girls were all staying at the apartment while Logan would be at Finn's with the guys. 

It was exactly midnight when Rory got a text from Logan, "Are you awake?"

"Yes"

"Meet me in the hallway."

"👍🏻"

When she got out there, Logan had a blanket on the floor, a candle, an open bottle of champagne, and part of a meat and cheese platter.

"Been out here awhile huh?" She asked with a smile as she sat down.

"Nope, just contraband.  Happy anniversary," he leaned over and gave her a kiss, then took a drink from the bottle and handed it to her.

She took a long drink, "can you believe it's been a year?"

"It went so fast.  It has been amazing though Ace.  Thank you."

She crawled over into his lap, so they could have eat and still be close to each other.  "Thank you.  I can't imagine what it would have been like without you."

"You know I would have moved heaven and earth, no matter what, to be with the two of you when I found out, right?"

"I do now,"  Rory nodded.  "I can't say I never questioned it when we were apart, but I never once did after we got back together."

They stayed and talked about Tori and their lives for a couple hours until she fell asleep in his arms, right there in the hallway. 

The next thing they knew, Stephanie was yelling at them for giving her a heart attack when she woke up and Rory was gone.  They kissed goodbye and went about the rest of their tightly scheduled days.

Before either one knew it, Rory was walking down the aisle towards Logan, exactly one year after the first time.  This time, Luke had one arm and Christopher had the other, happily sharing the duty of giving Rory away.  Finn was on Logan's side, but Rory only conceded to that when shown how lopsided their sides would be if he was her maid of honor again. 

So Logan had Colin, Finn, Robert, and Josh, while Rory had Lane, Paris, Stephanie, and Honor.  They had both decided that they didn't want to pick, so there was no maid of honor or best man.

The biggest difference, though, would be their vows.  This time, they chose to write their own.  Rory was a bundle of nerves when the time came.

"Logan...sorry, I'm a little bit nervous, I didn't think I would be," she chuckled and winked at him.  "If someone had told me five years ago that I would be here right now, I would have laughed them out of the building.  The funny thing is, I could never have imagined a life as great as this.  You are the half to my whole, and I couldn't be more grateful for the life we have made together.  We made it one year, one big year.  You continue to push me live every minute of every day, and I love you more every minute of every day."

Logan took a deep breath, "I should have known you would bring up that speech and the jump.  Convincing you to jump that day was the best thing I ever did.  From that moment on, I knew you would be a part of my life forever.  You have helped me grow up and become the man I am today.  Nothing makes me happier than being your husband and Tori's dad.  I love you Rory."

The minister went on, but neither one of them heard it.  It was a beautiful ceremony and reception.  The best part was that neither of them had to lift a finger.  Aside from picking out the wedding gown, they had both been hands off.  It turned out that Emily, Lorelai, and Shira made the perfect trio to plan it.  Lorelai and Shira sat on opposite ends of the spectrum while Emily reeled them both in and found the best compromises for the couple. 

That night, Logan and Rory made it to their hotel room and celebrated everything about the last year of their life together.  It had taken awhile to get back to themselves after having the baby, like it would any couple, but they found their way back to each other like always.  There would be ups and downs, just like any other, but they knew now, more than ever, that they would always get through it together. 

—————————

And that's it! ❤️ There will be an epilogue soon!