Chapter 12

They walked over to Finn and told him they were leaving.

"I think I'll let you two have the apartment to yourselves tonight mates," Finn told them with a wink. 

Rory raised an eyebrow at Finn, pulled him close, and gave him hug, "don't do anything just to prove something to yourself."  Then she kissed him on the cheek.  He looked her in the eye and nodded. 

They walked past the others and waved goodbye to them.  She was worried that tonight may have unintended consequences for some of them, but they were their mistakes to make.  It was just nice to see none of them hovering over her for once. 

Hand in hand, they walked out and hailed a cab.  They rode home in comfortable silence.  Both with different thoughts on their mind, but going in the same direction. 

Rory was nervous.  She wanted Logan, but her body was going through some major changes.  She would never be the same girl he proposed to again.  There were still things to work out between them, but first, she needed him.  Sex wasn't something she thought a lot about growing up...considering there had only ever been two guys...that much was obvious.  With Dean, it had been something new, something to learn and explore, but with Logan, it was the first time that she had really wanted someone that much.  She never thought twice about being with him in the beginning.  He, of course, had a lot more experience than her, but she had definitely used that to her advantage.  He brought out things in her that she hadn't had the slightest clue were even there.  Now, she needed him to not just be back in the same city as her, but back in her bed as well.

Logan was worried.  There had never been a question that he wanted Rory.  That had scared the crap out of him in the beginning.  He had always eventually tired of the women he was with.  But Rory...he always wanted more...no matter how deep he went, he could always go deeper.  Deeper, harder, stronger, more...always more.  Looking back, he had always known she was the one for him, he just hadn't wanted to admit it to himself for a long time.  It wasn't actually until he was in London without her that he knew she was it for him...he had been suspecting that that was the case for quite some time, but it had become utterly clear to him then.  Rory had said in his messages that she wanted to marry him and be a family, but he wasn't sure what she had in mind on that topic.  He wanted to be sure that this is really what she wants.  Just like the first time they had slept together, he would have to be sure that she had no regrets.

They got to Finn's building...their building. There were so many little things throughout the night that reminded Logan that Rory had been living with Finn for months. Just one more thing was her first name basis with the doorman, along with her general familiarity with the building. They got into the apartment and both noticed the other was hesitant.

Logan closed the space between them. He put his hands on both of her shoulders. "If I know you as well as I think I do, you probably want to shower right?" Rory nodded. "I did at Honor's so I'm good. Why don't you go on and shower. When you're done, we can talk?"

She nodded and went to shower. He waited for her door to shut, knowing that she had her own bathroom. Then he went on his own mission.

Being friends with Finn meant he knew the whereabouts of certain things in his apartment. The only thing that had changed in the last several months was his gaining a roommate.

Rory came out of her bathroom in lounge pants and a sweatshirt.  What she found in her room left her speechless. 

There were candles everywhere, and Logan was sitting on the edge of the bed on his phone.  When he heard the door open, he got up and walked to where she had frozen in front of him. He had changed too or she might have felt out of place.

"Rory, I love you.  This is the last time I am going to say this, I promise, but I'm sorry I missed the last six months.  I need you in my life, and I shouldn't have been so stubborn about having it my way. All that you need to know is that I'm never going to let you go again."  He took her in his arms and wiped the tears that had formed in her eyes.

She finally found the words, "I love you too.  I'm just so glad that you're here now."  She kissed him.

He broke apart, "are you ready to talk?"

She chuckled and kissed him again.

"Ace, we said we would talk..."

She kissed him harder.

"Are you sure?"

"Never been more sure of anything in my life."

This time he kissed her. It was a kiss that said exactly what he had been longing to do to her for months and hers did exactly the same back.

His hands found the hem of her sweatshirt and slipped under it. He felt the differences, the tightness of her skin, the rounding of her stomach, the beginnings of stretch marks...he realized that the nervousness he sensed might be because of that, so he pulled off her shirt and dropped to his knees. His hands roamed her torso. Yes, it was different, but it was no less beautiful. He kissed her stomach and then got up and pulled her to the bed.

"I know it's a little different..." she started to say.

"You have never been more beautiful to me than you are right now."

She pulled off his shirt and tugged at his pants. He relieved himself of them and then her of hers.

The rest was probably faster than either of them deserved, but they realized they needed this even more than they thought. It was different from before, for the obvious reasons, but also because they both knew that there had been a point that they may have never seen each other again.

It was an odd mix, trying to savor every touch and every kiss but also trying to get to the ultimate release together.

Once they were naked, Logan found her intimate areas as quickly as she found his. It didn't take long though until she was the one to push him back and climb on top of him. She took him inside of her, and they both breathed a sigh somewhere between relief and pleasure.

Logan was overwhelmed at the beautiful sight before him...his Ace riding him. He could tell he wouldn't last much longer so he took her hands and guided her back to the bed. He laid her on her back and pulled her to the edge of the bed, then guided himself back into her. He held her hands as he exploded inside of her. Her eyes never left his until he collapsed next to her and pulled her into his arms.

"Good?" she asked.

"Hell of a 'welcome home' Ace," he said with a chuckle and kissed the top of her head.

They laid all cuddled up for awhile until he couldn't hold in the question that he had been dying to ask her ever since he heard the messages. "Rory, when you said in the message that you want to marry me...did you really mean it?"

She looked at him, unsure of how to answer. Of course she meant it, if she could go back and change her answer in May...she absolutely would. But, in the midst of missing him, she was shown the deep connections that she had with her friends and family. It was the only bright spot in the last six months without him. "I meant every single word."

He got out of bed, went over to his bag, then came back with something in his hand. He laid back down with her, "then, I guess it's time to do this the right way, no party, no crowd, just you and me. Rory Gilmore...Ace, will you marry me?"