Chapter 8: No Way Jose

Eva was experiencing a bubbling of anger that she had repressed over the years. If she had of been home it would have been directed at her brother or King Karon but all of that rage pointed directly at Daeron.

"A wed - another wedding... you do realize I was engaged to marry King Karon before you swooped in and kidnapped me?" Eva stood and glared at this dragon king who had the audacity to just assume she would be willing to marry him and bear his dragon spawn. At this thought images of dragon eggs bursting from her nether regions filled Eva's head causing her to begin to shake in fury and pace in front of the hearth.

"Eva if you will just calm down I can explain." Daeron stood and reached out his hands slowly as if to hold her so that she might not hurt herself.

Eva let out a shriek and grabbed a vase of beautiful flowers flinging it at his stupid, handsome face.

Daeron ducked out of the way as the vase smashed into the room wall into tiny pieces. "Evangeline stop this."

"No! I have been told for the last two years what to do and who I am going to marry. Well listen here mister lizard.  I have had it! You and I aren't getting married, I don't care if some seer told you about me and I have had it up to here with seers' professing what my life will be like!" Eva's shriek vibrated around the room causing an echo.

Looking for something else to throw at him and Eva picked up a log by the fireplace and heaved it Daeron, only to miss and have it hit the door.

The wood splintered against the large door as Eva fell to ground in tears, her body quaking with sobs. Margo and Mara pushed the door open and stared in shocked at the scene in front of them.

"My lord I think you should leave." Margo spoke up trying to remain forceful, but seemed very upset to see Eva on the floor crying in pain.

Daeron felt the urge to go to Evangeline and hold her close in comfort but one look from his sister and he knew it would not be a well received. Mara nodded toward the door of the room as her hand kept tight to the sword attached to her hip

Sighing he took one last look at Eva and turned to stride out of the room.  Jumping off the balcony Daeron transformed mid-air into his dragon form and flew through the top of the mountain.  The mountain shook from his cry of pain.

____________________________________________________________________________

Margo helped Eva undress and tucked her into the large bed without so much as a protest from Eva who seemed to be in shock, though the tears still flowed from her eyes down her red cheeks.

Mara though while helpful, remained ever silent but did not engage Eva fully until Margo left to grab Eva something to eat.

As the doors closed Mara turned and gave Eva a hard look, "You must stop your blubbering."

Looking up at Mara with wide eyes Eva snorted, "I suppose you are disappointed.  The girl who released you from your imprisonment is nothing more than a weeping child."

Mara rolled her eyes and sat on top of the covers of the bed facing Eva. "Why were you crying in the first place?"

"Daeron expects me to marry him." Eva cried out and covered her head with the blankets again.

Mara nodded then chuckled, "Well he is better looking then King Karon if that is what you are worried about."

Eva threw off the covers and sat up to face Mara.  Her eyes felt puffy and her nose was stuffed up, "He is your brother, of course you will side with him."

"He is my brother and I love him, but he and I do not always agree when it comes to the subject of marriage." Mara straightened her shoulders, "Would you like to know how I came to be under King Karon's control?"