chapter 1

It was a quiet winter night in Chicago, Christmas coming closer and closer with the houses all decorated. We are focusing on one household though, belonging to the McCallister family. There were Christmas lights and angels among it and the family was scattering around. There wasn't just a mother, father, son and daughter, there were four parents in the house with their dozens of children all around. The man of the household, Peter, was talking with a security guard as he was going to be away for Christmas this year with his family to France and celebrate the holidays. It was mostly noisy as everyone was getting ready to leave the exact next morning, but there were two of the children in the house who didn't seem to be in a rush and were watching their father talk with the guard. The youngest child, an eight year old boy named Kevin, and the oldest, an eighteen year old girl named Chelsea.

Chelsea and Kevin looked mistrustful with the cop. They both didn't like the vibe the cop was giving off. Chelsea looked down at her youngest sibling. "All packed, Kev?" she asked quietly to also listen to the cop and hear Kevin's response.

"I guess." Kevin sighed, he didn't sound very interested in their trip tomorrow morning. "Why do we have to go to Paris to celebrate Christmas anyway?"

"Because, that's what our family decided to do, Kev." Chelsea gently ruffled up her brother's hair.

Mrs. McCallister came downstairs, she had short ginger hair in contrast to her Chelsea and Kevin's blonde hair, but had brown eyes like Chelsea. She had a kind, but stressed look on her face. "Are you two ready to go? We gotta get moving in the morning, you know."

"Yeah, Mom," Chelsea sounded exhausted already. "We have everything packed."

"Okay, your father's talking with security, I hate to see anything stolen by the time we get back." Mrs. McCallister left in a frenzy.

Chelsea watched their mother leave, and grinned, looking down at Kevin. "Now, let's go see if they have any plain cheese pizza."

"Alright," Kevin smiled, feeling a lot better. He didn't like a lot of the rest of the family because of how they treated him like nothing, but he still had Chelsea on his side. She always knew how to make him feel better. "Say, you're okay, for a big sister..."

Chelsea winked at him. "And you're okay too, for a little squirt." she teased, only it was nothing like Buzz's nasty teasing or anyone else's barley caring attitudes. The siblings then went to the kitchen. "Is there any pizza left?"

"I dunno." Kevin followed her.

Chelsea and Kevin always ordered a solo pizza for themselves, being only cheese pizza with nothing on it. Once Chelsea was old enough, she always ordered a pizza just for the two of them.

"Hey, guys, did anyone order me and Kev a cheese pizza?" Chelsea asked out loud, recieving no reply. She frowned and then looked at Buzz as he looked back at them.

"Yeah, there was," Buzz smirked. "But if you want some, someone's gonna have to barf it up!" he laughed, eating the very last slice of pizza that was just for Chelsea and Kevin.

Kevin lowly growled at him. "Mom! Buzz ate mine and Chelsea's pizza!"

"That's fine, dear!" Mrs. McCallister said distantly as she was organizing other things.

"Fine!?" Kevin glared, then sighed. "This family drives me crazy..."

Chelsea was annoyed with her mother and at her other younger brother, Buzz. "You guys know me and Kev don't like the extra's, you get your own pizza's!"

Buzz looked at them, making vomit noises. "Hey Chels, Kev, get a plate."

Kevin felt sick suddenly and shook his head. "Suddenly, I'm not very hungry." He mumbled to himself.