chapter 6

The two found their hiding spots as Harry and Marv were going to come in and ruin the house. Harry and Marv made it in okay, unaware of the horrors that await them inside.

"Hello? Anybody home?" Harry called, to signal the kid. He always thought kids were too stupid to think twice, so Kevin would run downstairs and let them in so he could kill him and Chelsea. "Where are those kids?"

"If you let us in, we promise not to hurt you!" Marv lied.

Kevin slung an apple from his sling-shot against his leg.

Marv groaned in pain and shot himself down, grabbing his leg. Marv rubbed his leg as Harry tried to get in another way apart of the house. Marv got on his hands and knees sticking his head inside the doggy door. He looked up sheepishly and saw Kevin. "Hello."

"Hi." Kevin greeted back, flinging another apple against his forehead.

Marv cried in pain and threw his head back out.

Kevin and Chelsea went to their next positions. Kevin set up his toy car collection and quickly headed back with Chelsea. The siblings relished each time a crook would be caught in a trap and horrifyingly injured. However, Chelsea seemed to be a bit sympathetic for Marv. Not so much Harry, she felt like he truly deserved the karma he was getting. Marv even came in bare foot, but he had stepped on a nail with cringe inducing pain.

Kevin and Chelsea headed upstairs once the crooks were inside, but now badly battered. Having to slip on the cars, get several injuries, basically not a normal house-breaking heist. Kevin released Buzz's pet tarantula to scare them off, then they went inside Kevin's tree house to get away. They had called the cops and told them their address and they were almost close to a happy, safe, holiday.

"Hey, better get us before we call the cops!" Kevin taunted, getting the bandits' attentions.

"Yeah!" Chelsea agreed.

"They're gonna call the cops!" Marv cried to Harry.

"From the tree house!?" Harry hissed at him, like he was an idiot.

Harry and Marv then decided to climb the rope connected from the tree house to the actual house.

Kevin took out a knife with his final blow to the crooks. He was cutting the rope to make them fall into the icy snow and end this suffering. The goons fell right off the rope and fell face first in the snow, painfully. This was going to be a painful evening for sure. Kevin laughed with victory and came down with Chelsea as they were on their way to call the cops for sure. Kevin was suddenly grabbed by the ankle by Harry and Marv had a firm hold on Chelsea.

"What're we gonna do to them?" Marv asked, excitedly.

"We're gonna do what they did to us," Harry replied, sickly. "We're gonna drop a bowling bowl in their heads!"

"I'm gonna smack them both between the eyes with a hockey stick!"

"Girls are ascared of kisses." Marv teased, then kissed Chelsea on the mouth.

"Oh, that's wrong!" Kevin squirmed.

Chelsea's eyes widened and she made a noise of surprise as Marv kissed her. For a couple of seconds she was too shocked to even react over than that.

"Why the heck are you kissing her!?" Harry growled as he kept a firm hold on Kevin.

Marv smiled sheepishly. He then let Chelsea settle back on her feet and turned away shyly. "She's purdy, Harry..." he whispered, like a fool in love.

Kevin cringed, seeing his older sister do such a thing.

Chelsea was flabbergasted and blinked a hand coming to her mouth. Her first kiss was a shocker. She however snapped out of her shock enough to hold Kevin close and kind of comfort him.

"It's Old Man Marley!" Kevin gasped. He was relieved that he had come to their rescue.

Marley smiled at the McCallister siblings and helped comfort them.

"You kids alright?" Marley asked his new friends.

"We're fine, thank you." Kevin answered him for what seemed like the first time and smiled.

Police sirens whirred in the air and they came to the McCallister house to take away Harry and Marv for good. This would be an unhappy holiday for both of them. For Harry at least. He glared from outside the window at the kids who got him arrested and they smiled at the crooks and waved at their misfortune. Harry growled slightly. He'd get them back for this, and would find a way to pay back the girl especially, if it weren't for her being with her brother or her distracting Marv they most likely would've succeeded.

"You kids be careful now," Marley advised before going to his own home for Christmas with his family. "You know where I am when you need me."

The siblings went back into the house with small smiles from the touching scene and they both worked to tidy up the mess. Their parents would have a fit if they saw the house like that. Kevin and Chelsea spent the rest of the evening cleaning. Once they were finished, they were downright exhausted and it was time for bed. Kevin slept in his own bed and fell right asleep after saying good night to Chelsea. If only the rest of the family were here, the siblings actually wanted their families back. Cranky Uncle Frank, nit-picking Aunt Georgette, no sympathy Buzz. Yes, they were a pain, all of them, but Kevin grew to miss them and this wasn't the best Christmas, but at least he helped the house with Chelsea.