chapter 7

The next morning was actually the morning of Christmas. Chelsea woke up early and decided to stay in her nightclothes. She was sitting staring at the tree, lost in thought. She remained this way until Kevin woke up and even then was a little distracted. Kevin came out of the room, drearily. He felt miserable without his family there. He then went outside, thinking he heard his mother, but saw no one there. He then shrugged and went back inside, keeping his eyes low to the ground. He then saw a pair of feet and looked up to see his mother had been there. "Mom?" he wondered if this was a dream or if his family did disappear. He wished them back last night.

Chelsea looked in the direction of her mother's call and Kevin's question. She stood up and went to see if their mother was really back.

"Kevin," Mrs. McCallister said, her voice slightly relieved and slightly worried. She then saw her eldest daughter and let out a small, tentative smile. "Chelsea..."

"Mom!" Kevin cried happily and rushed to hug her. He wasn't mad at her anymore.

Chelsea watched with a small smile. She was still kind of distracted though.

"I'm so sorry..." Mrs. McCallister whispered to her children, hugging them.

"Where's everybody else?" Kevin asked in the hug with his mother. Suddenly a bunch of voices talking could be heard coming up to the house. Everyone else came in, chattering and bickering as always. "DAD!" Kevin dashed to Mr. McCallister, feeling really happy to see siblings and cousins glanced at Kevin and Chelsea strangely rather than grateful to be reunited with them.

Buzz looked at Kevin, reluctant but also impressed. "Well done on not burning the house down..." he said, mostly to Kevin. Though it wasn't a full one it was the best compliment Buzz had ever said.

Kevin smiled and felt calm. He glared at Buzz for his comment, but kind of smiled since Buzz sounded happy his little brother was safe.

Buzz gave a brief grin.

"And Chelsea doesn't have any illegal tattoos..." Heather, one of the cousins, pointed out.

Chelsea looked at her cousin long, but shrugged, giving a wry grin.

Mrs. McCallister looked relieved slightly.

The cousins and siblings apologized to Kevin and Chelsea for the way they had treated them. Peace was restored in the house and everyone could live happily together to have a very Merry Christmas in their home of Chicago instead of Paris. It was all so peaceful, until Buzz got into his bedroom to settle himself down.

"KEVIN! CHELSEA! WHAT DID YOU TWO DO TO MY ROOM!?" Buzz yelled from inside his room. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted. Maybe next year will be different.

                                                       The End