chapter 4

Chelsea tried to comfort her younger brother the best way she could as they walked back home with their new groceries. Chelsea stopped holding Kevin's hand for a moment after they crossed the street together and went their way home. Suddenly, the van from their neighbor's house backed up and Kevin screamed loudly as it nearly hit him and ran him over!

"Kevin, are you okay!?" Chelsea dashed to her eight-year-old brother.

Kevin looked up at her wide-eyed and nodded shakily.

"Hey! Watch it!" Harry hissed.

"Hey idiot!" Chelsea sneered at the van and its drivers. "How dare you almost run over anyone, especially my brother!"

"Santa don't like visiting graveyards." Harry continued to sneer.

Kevin looked back at the man. He looked oddly familiar. Kevin's eyes widened as Harry grinned like the security guard talking with their father. He even had a gold tooth! Chelsea noticed and quickly left with Kevin to safely get back home.

"Merry Christmas!" Marv called, then noticed Harry narrowed his eyes at the McCallisters. "What is it?"

"I don't like the way that kid and girl looked at me," Harry replied. "They were the ones living at the house..." He then dawned realization and hatched a sinister idea. "It's them..."

Marv looked in realization, then furrowed his brows. "Think they'll be home tonight?" he asked, rather foolishly.

"No..." Harry looked at him in disbelief, then finished annoyed after the sarcasm. "Of course, they will be!"

"Oh, I don't know." Marv foolishly shrugged, then returned his goofy smile.

Harry looked at him weirdly. He shook his head and drove the van to get back down to business. "You shouldn't concentrate on a pretty face while we have a job to do."

"Right, business first, relationships later." Marv nodded and paid attention to tonight's plot.

Harry smirked as they prepared to burgle the McCallister house.

Kevin and Chelsea walked casually unaware of Harry and Marv planning against them. The McCallister siblings quickly went inside and avoided the bandits and they locked the door behind themselves.

"When those guys come back, we'll be ready." Kevin told Chelsea.

The eighteen year old girl nodded in agreement.

"Follow my lead." Kevin told his sister as they plotted something to keep Harry and Marv from ruining Christmas for the whole family.

Chelsea did as Kevin told her and she contributed her own little plans. As it got dark, Kevin and Chelsea had everything set up to make it look like there was a party at the house with Brenda Lee's Rocking Around the Christmas Tree. Kevin played with strings using Buzz's old Michael Jordan cardboard cut-out, some mannequins to look like they were doing things and all the lights were on. There was no way that Harry and Marv were going to bust in tonight.

Chelsea and Kevin decided to order a pizza for tonight, a real pizza with just sticky cheese and nothing extra. Chelsea felt like something bad was going to happen tonight earlier, so it was good she stuck with her instincts as she called the pizza and now they had to wait once they were sure that Harry and Marv were gone.

"Pizza will be here within an hour." Chelsea reminded her little brother. "Shall we see how brave the pizza guy is?" Chelsea grinned, remembering last night's movie.

"Yeah!" Kevin grinned back once he knew where this was going. "Mom and Dad would never let us do this in a million years!" he was eager to do this, and Chelsea allowing him made it even better.

"Kev, when the pizza guy knocks, set the movie off where he is talking to his 'friend' telling him to get off his property."

Kevin giggled and grabbed the remote to pause and fast forward at appropriate times as he and Chelsea did their best to stay quiet so nothing would be suspicious. Later that night, the pizza guy rushed to the house so he would still get a tip and wouldn't be delivering late. Kevin and Chelsea saw the pizza delivery car and saw the pizza guy going to the back door like instructed on the front door.

"Who is it?" the gunman on TV asked.

"Yo, what's up? It's pizza!" the delivery boy announced himself from outside.

"Leave it on the doorstop and get out of here!"

"Well, okay... Whatever, you say... But, what about my money?"

Kevin paused the movie to allow Chelsea to leave some money for the tip. The pizza boy picked it up and felt cheated.

"Keep the change, you filthy animal." the gunman said. "I'm gonna give you to the count of ten to get your lying and ugly ass out of my office, before I fill your guts with lead!"

Chelsea stifled giggles as she saw the pizza delivery boy run away in fear. The gunman counted to ten and fired his blasts, scaring the delivery boy. Once he drove away, Chelsea and Kevin laughed once they got away with the free cheese pizza. Kevin went to the door, grabbed the pizza box and smiled at his sister. "A big cheese pizza, just for us!"

"Yeah, for once we get what we want." Chelsea smiled. She went to the living room with him and put the box on the table. "Come get a slice, Kev."

Both siblings happily enjoyed their well-deserved pizza. After a few slices together, Chelsea decided it would probably be best to be getting to bed soon. Chelsea took the couch and she allowed Kevin to sleep in her big, comfy bed.

"Please come back," Kevin whimpered to the family picture. "We'll never be pests again."

Chelsea kissed his forehead and tucked him in. "If you need me, kiddo, I'll be on the sofa, that way I can keep an ear our to protect us."

"Thanks Chelsea, good night." Kevin sighed, slowly falling asleep, feeling full and sleepy from their personal pizza buffet.

"Night, Kev." Chelsea went downstairs to sort out the sofa for her to sleep on.

As Kevin went to sleep, he couldn't help but wonder if anyone in the family knew they weren't in Paris with them or if they even care.