Chapter I

[ J O R D A N   C R O S S ]

It was a casual Monday morning and here I was coursing the seemingly endless halls of my high school. It was not a secret that people here didn't like me, all because I was gay... But hey, like any good soap opera, the main character has to face their problems and punch them in the face, or something along those lines, don't quote me.

When I moved to Los Angeles, California, I was excited to say the least, my father had just landed a great opportunity regarding his work associated with a business company. My first thought, as I stepped on the turf of Los Angeles was - actually - the same as it was back in Vancouver, although I kept telling myself that I could finally be myself in one of the world's most prestigious and renowned cities, yeah... Not the wisest thoughts on my behalf.

When I came out to my family, they accepted me with open hands, you see I'm an only child with a sweet sit-at-home mother and a loving father who worked hard to give us the best of the best. I was super happy to know that my parents didn't view me differently, and that I wouldn't be interrogated about women at family dinners, hate it when that happens. The moment I said I was gay, my mother exclaimed something along the lines of 'I knew it!' and pulled me in for a bone-crushing hug. Prior to that, I had no idea how good it was to be actually loved for what you are.

Although no porno is good without a fucking, and I sure got mine - metaphorical, of course. It that was in the same very halls of this damned place, I have been living in California for around two months now and I seemed to have gotten the general gist of things, the homophobic, spoiled, but oh-so very hot jocks. Your regular girls who think they're Instagram famous just because they got a couple likes on their pictures. Then there was the lower-class - not literally, of course, just not popular - I, obviously, was a part of this 'segment' of people in the Summit High hierarchy, if not, I was a little beneath it, like some peasant, neglected by many because of my sexuality and antics.

You see, I actually gave a crap about my future, so I studied hard, harder than your dad in the morning. However, you see a nerd and a little faggot didn't sound too great for a title, did it now? Unfortunately, that was my reality - every single work day, I dreaded going to school, not because of the immense amount of work that I had to do, but because of the children, the demon spawns themselves. I could not avoid being shoved into lockers, getting teased and often beaten by the "kings and queens" of the school. You have probably guessed by now that they're the varsity jocks and the girls who can't seem to keep their legs shut.

Although, not all of them were bad, at least in my head, there was this one, tall, good looking fellow, better known as Nathan Lewis, he had a mysterious persona, I mean the guy barely talked, showed any kind of emotion, but he was still the star quarterback of the school. I haven't seen him play, although, let's be honest, I knew jack shit about sports, a penguin chasing a ball would make me think it was good at sports. Anyway, the guy had never bullied me, in fact he neglected going with his friends, who loved wreaking havoc upon the damned place. Suddenly, my train of thoughts had stopped, as I seemed to have banged my head into an open locker, hard, who even leaves their locker open and unattended?!

"Oh my god, are you alright?" I soon heard a feminine voice coming from my side. I was still rubbing my head wincing, as pain coursed through my veins. "Here, let me see." The brown-eyed girl took a look at my forehead, I had recognized her because she always sat at the popular table during lunch period, she was simply beautiful: she had long brown hair, thick lashes, a great figure. However, I was confused, if she was one of the popular pricks, why was she even bothering with me? I thought these special snowflakes were supposed to avoid people like me, just like the plague itself. She was inspecting my forehead where a bump had formed, she just smiled and said. "Sorry, I didn't mean for that to happen, your head is going to be fine!" She extended her hand, as if she was going to initiate a handshake "The name is Allison, you must be Jordan, right?"