Chapter XIII

Unfortunately, Nathan's mood wasn't as good as it had initially been, he was excited upon seeing us after his surgery, he really was. But all the excitement and happiness had been diminished as soon as he had learned the consequences. Although he had made an extraordinary recovery after the surgery had been finished, he will still have to undergo a healing process that could take up to two years - yep, you heard it, two bloody years. Now you may think, oh he'll totally be fine, it's just two years! You're god damn wrong, let me tell you that, during this time period he will be totally disabled and forbidden from playing football and it will most likely ruin scholarship and scouting opportunities as well, talk about unfortunate..

It was Tuesday now, three days after the hell broke loose, it seemed like it was going to be a normal day, the sun light was creeping in through my blinds, making me feel like a distressed vampire. I looked over to my bedside table where my clock was - it read nine thirty AM, and I hoped out of bed. Now you may be wondering: but Jordan! Aren't you supposed to be in school by now? It is Tuesday after all, right? Well.. Yes I am supposed to be in school, but am I even thinking about going to school? The answer is no, actually never, the only thing that is on my mind right now is Nathan, he's getting released from the hospital and being sent home, it makes me feel better that he had recovered from his surgery this dramatically in this short amount of time, but I can't help but feel worried about all the difficulties he's going to have to face.

The estimated time amount of full recovery - that isn't really full, by the way. Is no joke, two years is not exactly a short time, doesn't matter what perspective you look at it from. You're probably sick of me repeating this over and over but, football to Nathan was a prominent part of his life - I'm not sure why, but it is the only thing he was actually passionate about, other than taking care of his sister, who was ironically a couple minutes older than him. If this kind of a shocking twist happened to your friend, you would probably think 'oh! How unfortunate!' then shortly after move on, but if it were to happen to you..? What would you do? Imagine the twisting pain within your subconscious and the actual pain of not being able to do something you love dearly.

It takes a toll on people, not categorizing anyone, but it surely is going to take a toll on Nathan, even if he won't show it - which I have a feeling he won't. Nathan always had this strong demeanor, an aura - that made people respect him for being so solemn, calm and collected at the same very time. The way he dealt with problems wasn't just balls to the walls, no, he was smart about his decisions and he truly cared for others - not insinuating that his personality is going to shift, but still, shit could happen right?

I had only now realized that I was in a mental debate with myself, sitting here in bed for around ten minutes - the warm covers exposing my half naked body to the sunlight that insisted on coming into my room and ruined my day. The clock now read nine forty-one AM and I decided it was about time I hopped out of bed and started bracing myself for the things the day had to offer. I never thought my days would go well ever since I was child, I always woke up gloomy - as if I was wishing that I could stay in bed all day and do nothing, okay, I really was but that's besides the point. I dreaded any kind of responsibility, because I thought I would ruin everything I do, which I still do. I had always been a klutz with your regular case of butter fingers every once in a while.