Chapter 14: Human Tales

--------------------
Assiah: Before arriving in Gehenna, Exorcist Base

Flashback

"You heard him. We're going back." Rin turned and faced Yukio. "To Gehenna." As he said his last word, Rin used his claws to rip open his forearm. The blood pooled on the ground, and the Gehenna Gate opened. With one last glance at his twin Rin went through the gate,
followed by the three demon kings. Yukio, Shura and the exwires stared at the spot where Rin previously stood and watched the gate close.

"I'm sorry dad, I failed." Yukio whispered to himself, so no one could hear.

-----------Break----------

After Rin and the demons left, Yukio was in turmoil. He shut himself in his room and refused to talk to anyone. He laid on his bed, thoughts racing in his mind. His brother was a demon king, he could open a Gehenna Gate, he fought against exorcists, he killed exorcists. Yukio's mind specifically kept going back to Rin killing those exorcists. Never in his life did he think Rin was capable of murder.

Then there was the encounter in the woods. When he first saw Rin again, he froze. He didn't expect to see his brother, nor did he expect him to be so hostile. Rin's eyes were cold, unfeeling, distant, like the demon only saw Yukio for the exorcist he was, not a long lost brother.

In the centuries he had been gone the demons had killed his brother. That's what he believed. There was no way his brother was a demon king. Yes that had to be it, the demons had destroyed his twin. What he saw before him was only a demon in his brothers skin. When Yukio watched him walk through the gate, that's when Rin officially died in his mind. He couldn't afford to be idle, his brother was gone, and now he had to exterminate the demon that remained, in order to preserve his memory.

To lost in his thoughts, Yukio didn't notice the new presence in his room, until it was to late. Several hands grabbed him, he struggled to no avail. Another hand held a rag over his face. He quickly lost his strength, then his consciousness.

He awoke tied to a chair in the middle of a room. The room was dimly lit, however, he could still see satanic symbols engraved on the walls, along with some other symbols he didn't recognize. A door opened, and those beings in the red robes surrounded him. Their masks looked more demonic in the dim light. There were two figures, however, that stood out from the rest. One was a man dressed in a black hooded cloak, with a piece of cloth that covered the bottom half of his face. He stood to the right and a little behind a smaller woman. She had dark hair, dark eyes, and wore a black tattered, and in Yukio's opinion, a little too revealing dress. They stood in front of Yukio.

"Who are you? What do you want? Did Satan send you?" Yukio tried not to sound scared , but he was faltering. The woman's laughter echoed throughout the room.

"Me? Work for that cretin? Don't insult me."

"Then who do you work for?"

"No one. I'm in charge here. And I have a proposition for you."

"One I can't refuse I suppose." Yukio rattled his binds.

"Oh of course you can, we'd just have to kill you then." She laughed. "Just kidding, you can refuse, but then we both lose."

"What do you mean?"

"What I mean dear little Okumura, is that we have a common goal, a common enemy."

"If we have the same enemy why am I tied up?"

"Precaution. Now if you let me finish. You and I both want to be rid of the demons. We both want Satan destroyed. Alas we can do neither alone." She feigned distress. "But together..." Yukio cut her off.

"If you wanted allies why didn't you ask the Grigori ? Why kidnap me? Taking hostages doesn't really help your case." Yukio tried to remain calm, and was doing a better job than previously.

"I told you precaution. And I don't need to be allies with the exorcists, I already have my own army capable of taking them down. What I want is for you to join me Yukio Okumura. With my help you and I could be unstoppable and we could take down the threat of demons once and for all. What do you say?"

Yukio looked at her like she had completely lost her mind. She got the message.

"Alright. Think it over, we'll be back later." She turned and started to leave, the rest of her followers in tow.

"Wait! Who are you?" Yukio was a least going to know his captor's identity.

She turned her head to him and smiled.

"Isolde. And don't you forget it." She laughed and closed the door behind her, leaving Yukio alone with his thoughts. 

Isolde knew how this was going to end, he was going to say no and tell her that she was going about her goals the wrong way, but she had to at least try.

"Milady, I must ask. Why go after the son of Satan that bears no power?"  Asked Farron, the man in the hooded cloak, Farron wasn't exactly sure what she was thinking, but he was loyal and would follow her anywhere.

"Oh, but he does. It's just locked away, mostly by his own mind. And the other twin has lived far to long with Satan that he won't come willingly, and while I may be able to control his human side, its demon counterpart is more powerful and he will most likely break free."

"So you intend to awaken the other one's power?"

"Yes, if Yukio joins us willingly I will be able to control him easier. Arachne's (1) failure three hundred and fifty years ago to capture Rin Okumura has put a strain on my plans, but with this we can turn the tide of this war."

After a few hours the duo returned to Yukio.

"So will you join me?"

"No." Though Isolde had expected the answer she received she was still disappointed.   

"Then you leave me no choice."

With a snap of her fingers the floor started to glow. It was then that Yukio realized he wasn't just in a room, he was in the middle of a giant summoning circle. He felt his pulse quicken and his blood boil. A strange heat swelled in his core. It was agonizing and he was losing consciousness, but a sudden shout made him keep his mind.

Shura and the other exwires came running in from, god knows where, and attacked Isolde. She hadn't calculated for intruders and was easily overwhelmed. Izumo erased part of the circle while Bon and Shima went to grab Yukio. He leaned on them for support as they made their escaped.

Isolde wasn't going to lose a precious part of her plan like this. Farron unsheathed his sword ready to strike, Shura countered him. Isolde quickly created another circle, but in her haste she made a mistake. Instead of trapping them, she accidentally transported them.

They were engulfed by a blinding, yet dark, light. They felt their surroundings vanish, only to be replaced by a gooey nauseating feeling.
-----------------------------------------
In case anyone was wondering, Isolde means beautiful or fair and Farron means handsome servant.

1- I named the spider demon Arachne from Greek mythology. There are many versions of the story, but basically Arachne, was a beautiful woman that had a great talent in weaving. Everyone was amazed at her work and one day, Arachne boasted that she had a greater talent than the goddess Athena herself. Arachne and Athena partook in a weaving contest, depending on the story depends on who wins. Afterwards Athena transformed her into a spider to wave for the rest of her life.